If you haven't tried these Air Fryer Churro Bites, get ready to fall in love with this dessert! The perfect bite-sized treat with the right amount of spice and sweetness, will warm your heart. Air fryer churro bites are easy to make and can satisfy the sweetness you crave. A little bit comfort can go a long way!
Air Fryer Churro Bites
With just four simple ingredients needed, it couldn't be any easier to make these Churro bites in the Air Fryer. They're one of those dessert recipes like are pretty much a no-brainer. This is because they're fast and easy and loaded with flavor.
From the first moment that I made this simple churro recipe, I knew that I was going to be hooked. They're literally the perfect hand-held snack. I found myself staring at the bottom of an empty bowl, much to my shock! Why was I shocked you wonder? Well it's because I ate them all of course! They we so tasty that I just devoured them right away. I didn't even feel bad about it.
I love to make these for a fun weekend treat. They're also a great dessert to whip up fast if you have family members and friends stopping by. Since they take just a few minutes of time, you can easily have a homemade dessert waiting for them to love as well.
Can you do churros in the air fryer?
Not only can you do churros but you can do them well! This Easy Homemade Churros Recipe is another delicious dessert recipe that I think everyone will enjoy, too. Because why limit yourself when it comes to churros? The more, the better!
Why did my churros puff up?
You might not really have this issue with this recipe but just in case you do, I wanted to be certain to address the question. The heat is going to cause the churros to puff up and look bigger as they're baking or frying.
Once you remove them from the heat source and they start to cool, they'll go back down to their regular size.
Why are my churros not crunchy?
Since this recipe for churros is a bit different, they're not going to have a crunchy texture to them. These bite-sized churro bites are going to have more of a chewy texture to them. The outside might be a little crisp but they won't be crunchy.
I don't suggest cooking them longer either to try and make them crunchy because then you run the risk of burning them!
Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Churro Bites
Below you'll find the four ingredients that you need to make these simple churro bites.
- 1 package pre-made pie crusts (2 crusts)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup caramel sauce
How to make Air Fryer Churros
Are you ready to learn how to make this simple recipe for air-fried churros? I've got you covered!
Step 1. Allow pie crusts to sit out to reach room temperature. This will cause it to unfold easily and not crack.
Step 2. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Transfer sugar to a resealable bag or bowl. Set aside.
Step 3. Roll pie crusts out on a non-stick surface. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into small squares. You may need to rework some of the dough and roll it out again to use as much of it as possible.
Step 4. Place the squares into a greased air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching. You will have to bake them in a couple of batches.
Step 5. Cook at 400°F for 6 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Step 6. Dump cooked bites into resealable bag and adjust until coated or toss bites inside a bowl until coated. Serve.
Tips for Making Churro Bites
You'd think with just four easy ingredients I wouldn't have any tips but low and behold there are a few things to keep in mind!
- Be certain that you leave space so that they don't touch in the air fryer basket. The air needs to circulate to cook them completely. This means that you'll have to make this in 2-3 batches so just set aside the right amount of time for that.
- If you're not a fan of cinnamon and sugar, you can change it up and try this recipe with powdered sugar or just leave the plain. The cinnamon and sugar mixture is what gives that churro taste but you can alter it if you want. (they're your treats - make them how you'll love them!)
- These are going to be hot when they come out of the air fryer so give them time to cool down. I'd hate for you to pop one in your mouth and burn the roof of your mouth!
Fun Dipping Ideas for this Easy Churro Recipe
I've mentioned only a few hundred times that I'm a fan of dips. One of my favorite dips for this recipe is caramel sauce because it's thick and sweet. This means that it covers the churro bites perfectly to give them a wonderful and sweet flavor.
But if you're not a fan of caramel, not all is lost. You can easily try these other dipping sauces and recipes as well:
- hot fudge or chocolate
- ice cream, using bites as a scoop, don't knock it 'till you try it - Oh So GOOD
- more cinnamon and sugar
- melted butter
- whipped flavored cream cheese
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
And those are just a few. You can easily dip these in whatever you want or leave them plain.
How to reheat leftover churro bites
If you can't eat them all in one setting, you have a couple of options. The first is that you can package them up and send them to me (only kidding - kind of) and the second is that you can easily reheat them in the air fryer or microwave.
The air fryer is a good bet to get them back to their original texture but you need to stay close and pay attention so you don't burn them.
If you do pop them in the microwave to reheat, they're going to have a more chewy texture to them than what you might want.
Either way will get them hot and warmed up and ready to enjoy.
Have fun making up this super simple dessert. This recipe is an easy way to give everyone something sweet and delicious with minimal work and effort on your part. It has a great flavor that you just might eat the whole recipe in just one sitting!
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Air Fryer Churro Bites Video
Air Fryer Churro Bites
- Pull out and measure the ingredients.
- Allow pie crusts to reach room temperature. They will unfold more easily and not crack.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar.
- Stir until blended.
- Transfer mixture to a resealable bag or place in a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll pie crusts out on a non-stick surface. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into small squares. To ensure most of the dough is used up, you may need to rework some of the dough and roll it out again.
- Place the squares into a greased air fryer basket, making sure they're not touching. They will need to be in done in a couple batches.
- Cook at 400°F for 6 minutes or until they're golden-brown.
- Remove cooked bites from air fryer and place in the resealable bag with sugar mixture and shake until nicely-coated. If mixture is in a bowl, coat the bites with the mixture.
- Serve immediately with caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, whipped cream or use bites to scoop ice cream.
- Warm, delicious and lovely.
- Enjoy every bite!