Air Fryer Baked Apples are easy to make when you are craving a sweet treat. This sweet fall dessert can cook up in your air fryer in about 15 minutes. That makes this baked apples in air fryer a great go to dessert when you are in a hurry.
I don't know about you, but apples and pumpkins always remind me of fall. And, this easy baked apples recipe is the perfect way to get all the fall vibes without the work.
Air Fryer Baked Apple Recipe
This Air Fryer Baked Apple Recipe was inspired by my craving for apple crisp. But, I didn't really want to take the time to make a full apple crisp. I just wanted a simple dessert, and didn't want to put in a lot of effort. So, I came up with this easy Air Fryer Baked Apples recipe.
For this easy baked apples in air fryer recipe you only need 7 simple ingredients to make this tasty dessert. You most likely already have most of these ingredients in your pantry and spice cabinet. So, you may not even need to make a trip to the grocery store for this recipe.
- apples, any variety
- rolled oats
- brown sugar
- pinch of salt
If you are looking for the amounts, you can find them in the recipe card below.
Short introduction about this being easy to make, xyz number of steps, don't be overwhelmed by the steps etc.
Step 1: Cut your apples
Slice your apples in half and then use a melon baller to remove the seeds and membrane from the center of your apples.
Step 2: Make your crisp topping
Melt the butter. Add the melted butter to a bowl with all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Step 3: Air Fry your apples
Lay the apples in the air fryer cut side up. Fill with generous amounts of the crisp mix. Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
Hint: a stainless steel melon baller works great for this recipe.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this air fryer baked apple recipe.
- Sugar Free - use a brown sugar substitute to make this recipe sugar free
- Dairy Free - a dairy free butter will work in place of regular butter to make this recipe dairy free.
Want to personalize this air fryer baked apples recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Apple Pie Spice - for a more apple pie flavor, use an apple pie spice mix in place of the spices.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - For an additional fall flavor use pumpkin pie spice in place of the spices.
- Raisins - Add raisins to your topping mixture for an additional fruity flavor.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Air Fryer Apple Fritters with Glaze recipe.
This recipe only needs three basic kitchen staples that you most likely already have in your house.
- air fryer
- melon baller
- bowl for mixing your topping
Do you have leftover Air Fryer Apple Baked Apples? No worries! You can store these apples in the fridge for up to three days. Reheating is simple and you can still enjoy this sweet fall dessert.
Want to make sure that your recipe turns out great? Here are some of my best tips for cooking this fall dessert.
- You can use Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady apples for this recipe.
- 15 minutes is the perfect cook time for my air fryer, but if your apples are still slightly firm, you can cook them for a few additional minutes. I recommend checking your apples after every two minutes if you are adding additional cook time as you don't want your apples to burn.
More Apple Recipes
Do you like apple recipes? Here some recipes you may also like to try
If you love these apple recipes, you will also enjoy our Brown Sugar Dessert Recipes!
Do you have questions about air fryer baked apples? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Reheat in your air fryer at 350 degrees for 3 to 5 minutes or until your apples are warm all the way through.
Yes, you can freeze your leftover baked apples for up to two months.
Absolutely, you can bake these apples in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 - 24 minutes or until your apples are soft.
Air Fryer Baked Apples
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Baked Apples
- Halve the apples and use a melon baller to remove the center seeds and membrane, to create a pit.
- Melt the butter. Add the melted butter to a bowl with all other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Lay the apples in the air fryer cut side up. Fill with generous amounts of the crisp mix.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.