Air fryer bacon-wrapped scallops take scallops to a whole new level with bacon! Sweet, tender air fryer scallops are wrapped in salty, crispy bacon for a mouthwatering taste that can't be beat.
Surf and turf is great, but steak and lobster can feel a bit too heavy at times. For a lighter fare, give these air fryer scallops a try. Here's the scoop on scallops. They're considered to be one of the best shellfish around. The bacon brings out the best in these mild, delicate scallops. Follow this scallop recipe and the results won't disappoint.
Up until the age of 40, I enjoyed eating shellfish, especially scallops. Then I had a severe allergic reaction and couldn't eat shellfish any more. But it's never stopped me from making it for the two main men in my life. That would be my husband and son. They adore bacon-wrapped air fryer scallops so much, it seems they can never get enough of them. I'm amazed at how many of them they can put away. So I watch them eat these delicate, tasty morsels with pleasure and just a touch of envy. Sigh!
Air Fryer Scallops
This dish was inspired by my other scallop recipe on this site, and for a side that pairs well with these air fryer scallops, check out our list of amazing green bean recipes. Also, cheesy bread goes perfectly with air fryer scallops as they're quite similar to Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay biscuits. Now that's perfection!
With only five ingredients, following this recipe is a cinch.
- Large fresh scallops
- Olive oil
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities and cooking times.
With an ingredient list this short, it should come as no surprise that making this dish is dead easy. It takes very little effort to put together such an amazingly delicious meal.
Step 1: Air Fry the Bacon
Place the bacon in the air fryer and air fry until it just begins to cook. Remove the bacon, and wipe out any excess grease in the air fryer basket.
Step 2: Season the Scallops
Blot scallops with paper towel to dry. Then, place them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper and stir until the scallops are evenly-coated.
Step 3: Wrap the Scallops
Wrap a slice of bacon around each scallop, cutting it to fit, if necessary, and securing it with a toothpick.
Step 4: Air Fry
Place the bacon-wrapped scallops in the air fryer basket and air fry until the scallops are cooked through and the bacon is crisp.
Hint: Use heavy-duty paper towels to dry the scallops, so you don't end up with paper towel residue on them.
If you don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to switch things up, here are some helpful tips that will slightly alter these air fryer scallops.
- Turkey Bacon - For a healthier version, use turkey bacon in place of pork bacon.
- Vegetable Oil - If you don't have olive oil, vegetable oil will work.
- Low-Salt - If watching your salt intake, simply omit the extra salt.
Want to personalize this air fryer bacon-wrapped scallops recipe? Here are a couple of my tried and true tips that will change the taste of this dish.
- Spicy - Add red pepper flakes to rev up the flavor and kick up the heat.
- Garlic - Add some garlic powder to the oil when coating the scallops to give them a distinct and flavorful aroma.
If you love shellfish recipes, you may also enjoy this air fryer coconut shrimp.
Store these scallops in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for three to four days. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to three months.
What To Serve With Scallops
Have you decided what you're going to serve with your tasty scallop yet? If not, feel free to check out this list of totally amazing side dishes that Ken and I made for you. I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed!
To ensure you're going to end up with the best-tasting scallops, here are a couple of easy tips to follow:
- Preheat the air fryer to ensure proper cooking.
- Keep a close eye on the scallops so you can remove them as soon as they're ready.
If you have questions about bacon air fryer scallops, we've got the answers to some of the most commonly-asked questions.
You can store them in the refrigerator for three to four days or the freezer for up to three months.
Individually wrap each bacon-wrapped scallop in cling wrap and then place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Place the scallops in the refrigerator overnight to defrost them.
You can microwave them until heated through or place them in an oven at 275 degrees for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Brussels sprouts, asparagus, salads and pasta go well with this dish.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Do you love your air fryer? Here are some other air fryer recipes you may also want to try.
Air Fryer Bacon-Wrapped Scallops
- Pull out and measure the ingredients.
- Place bacon in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350ºF for 3 minutes. Bacon will just start to cook. Wipe out any access grease in air fryer.
- Blot scallops dry with paper towel.
- Place them in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until scallops are evenly coated.
- Ensure toothpicks, scallops and bacon are at your workstation.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each scallop.
- You may have to trim the bacon so it fits. Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Place wrapped scallops in air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350ºF until scallops are cooked through and bacon is crisp; about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately
- Enjoy every bite!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Ready to get cooking? Remember, you can always print this recipe if you would like.