Air Fryer Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Cake is rich and filled with chocolate peanut butter flavors. This cake is perfectly moist and insanely delicious.
Let's be honest, it seems strange to be baking a cake in the air fryer. But, they turn out amazing! And, it's so easy to make. Just wait until you try it!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
This recipe turned out to be the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate. The hardest part about baking in the air fryer is finding a pan that will fit inside your air fryer.
I recommend that you have at least a 6-quart air fryer to make this swirl bundt cake. If you are having a hard time finding a bundt pan to fit in your air fryer, look for an Instant Pot bundt pan. That one is 7 inches so make sure it will fit inside your air fryer before you buy it!
These bundt pans are half the size and work beautifully to make individual desserts. Just adjust cooking time accordingly by half.
This recipe is a brown sugar's dream come true. For other super delicious brown sugar dessert recipes simply click on that link and the world will be your oyster, so to speak!
This chocolate peanut butter swirl cake recipe requires quite a few ingredients but most of these ingredients should already be in your pantry. One quick trip to the grocery store and you should be ready to make your cake.
For the Bundt Pan Prep:
- Butter, melted
- Cocoa powder, divided
For the Cake:
- Cocoa powder
- Bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Peanut butter morsels
- Water, boiling
- Sour cream, room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- Baking soda
- Unsatled butter, room temperature
- Light brown sugar, packed
- Eggs, room temperature
For the Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirl
- Cream cheese, softened
- Creamy peanut butter
- Confectioners sugar
- Egg, whisked
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
For the Peanut Butter Cream Drizzle
- Confectioners sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Roughly chopped bittersweet chocolate.
See the recipe card for quantities.
This recipe may look complicated, but when you break it down into individual steps, it's really not that difficult. Take it slowly and go step by step, and you'll find that this recipe is really quite simple.
Step 1: Prep the Bundt Pan
To prepare the bundt pan, stir the melted butter and cocoa powder together to form a paste. Using a pastry brush, coat the bundt pan interior with the paste and then sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Step 2: Divide an Egg
Take an egg and crack it into a small bowl. Whisk it and set it aside. You'll use half of the egg for the cake batter and half of it for the peanut butter cheesecake swirl.
Step 3: Prepare the Wet Ingredients
Combine cocoa powder and chopped chocolate. Add boiling water and whisk until melted and smooth, then let cool for 10 minutes. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
Step 4: Prepare the Dry Ingredients
In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and peanut butter morsels.
Step 5: Make the Batter
Slowly incorporate the wet and dry ingredients together, combining about one-quarter of each at a time until fully combined.
Step 6: Make the Peanut Butter Cheesecake
In a medium mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, peanut butter, heavy whipping cream, the remaining egg, vanilla extract, and confectioners sugar, whisking until smooth.
Step 7: Add the Batters to the Pan
Pour one-third of the cake batter into the bundt pan. Then, ad half of the peanut butter cheesecake to the center of the pan so that the cake batter is visible on each side of the cheesecake.
Repeat this process, keeping the peanut butter cheesecake in the center of the pan with the cake batter exposed on all sides, finishing by topping with the remaining cake batter.
Using the handle of a fork, a chopstick, or a butter knife, swirl the cheesecake and cake batter together gently to create a marble effect.
Step 8: Air Fry the Cake
Air fry the cake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove the cake from the air fryer and let cool.
Step 9: Prepare the Peanut Butter Cream Drizzle
Mix all the drizzle ingredients in a small bowl.
Step 10: Add the Peanut Butter Cream Drizzle
Carefully flip the bundt pan over onto a plate and gently pull it away from the cake. Then, drizzle the cake with the glaze.
Hint: To make it easier to remove the cake from the bundt pan, gently tap the pan all over after turning it upside down onto the plate.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this chocolate peanut butter swirl cake.
- Greek Yogurt - If you don't have sour cream, full-fat Greek yogurt is an excellent substitute.
- Dark Brown Sugar - If you don't have light brown sugar, feel free to use dark brown sugar.
- Make a Sheet Cake - If you don't have a bundt pan, simply make this a sheet cake.
- Cupcakes - Pour a bit of chocolate cake batter into a cupcake tin, add the peanut butter cheesecake to the center, and then top with more cake batter. Bake them up and top the cupcakes with the glaze.
Want to personalize this chocolate peanut butter swirl cake recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Coffee or Espresso- Add a tablespoon of strong coffee or espresso to the chocolate batter to further intensify the chocolate flavor.
- Red Pepper - Believe it or not, a scant dash of red pepper flakes makes this recipe pop.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Chocolate Chip Pound Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting or our Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie.
This cake will keep well in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for about five days. It uses a cheesecake swirl, so it should be refrigerated.
This cake is actually a lot easier to make than it first appears, but even easy things can have little tips and tricks to make them better. These are easy tips that make a big difference.
- Get every nook and cranny of your bundt pan to ensure that your cake doesn't stick.
- Tap your bundt pan after inverting it onto a plate to help the cake release.
- Be sure not to over swirl with making your chocolate peanut butter swirl. You want nice, delineated sections of each.
More Bundt Cake Recipes
Do you like bundt cakes? Here some recipes you may also like to try
- Air Fryer Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake
- Lemon Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bundt Cake
Do you have questions about this chocolate peanut butter swirl cake? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about chocolate peanut butter swirl cake.
Yes, you can. An air fryer is simply a small convection oven.
Bake this bundt cake at 350 until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This cake will keep in the refrigerator for about five days.
Yes, you can. This cake will keep well in the freezer for up to three months.
Let the cake chill completely in the refrigerator. Then, wrap it tightly in two layers of cling wrap and again in foil.
To thaw the cake leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
Chocolate Peanut Buter Swirl Cake
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Peanut Butter Swirl Bundt Cake
- bundt pan
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder divided
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- ¼ cup peanut butter morsels
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon water boiling
- ½ cup sour cream room temperature
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cups + 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cups light brown sugar packed
- 2 ½ large eggs room temperature, whisk one egg and divide mixture in half before adding remaining half to swirl
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Swirl
Peanut Butter Cream Drizzle
- 1 ¼ tablespoon water
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon roughly chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Prepare bundt pan. Stir together melted butter and cocoa powder in a small bowl to form a paste. Use a pastry brush to coat the bundt pan, then sprinkle with cocoa powder to coat.
- Take 1 of the eggs and crack it into a small bowl, whisk and set aside. You will be using ½ of this egg for the cake batter and ½ of this egg for the peanut butter cheesecake swirl.
Prepare cake batter
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder and chopped chocolate. Add boiling water and whisk together until smooth.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Then, add sour cream and vanilla extract to the bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add 2 eggs plus ½ of the whisked egg from step 3, to the bowl one at a time and mix on medium-low speed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and peanut butter morsels.
- Slowly incorporate the bowl with flour and the bowl with chocolate, adding ¼ of each bowl at a time. Scrape the edges of the stand mixers bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Mix until well incorporated, about 1 minute.
Prepare peanut butter cheesecake
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, peanut butter, heavy whipping cream, remaining ½ of the whisked egg, vanilla extract, and confectioners sugar.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Preheat the air fryer to 310 degrees.
- Build your cake.
- Pour ⅓ of the cake batter into the bundt pan. Then, add ½ of the peanut butter cheesecake into the center of the bundt pan mold.
- Make sure the cake batter is visible on each side of the cheesecake.
- Top with remaining cake batter. Use the handle of a fork, wooden spoon or a chopstick, or a butter knife to swirl the cheesecake and cake batter together gently, careful not to overmix.
- Place the cake into the air fryer for approx 30 minutes.
- Check the cake to be sure it has finished cooking by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake, if it comes out clean it is ready! The internal temperature of the cake should be between 185-195 degrees. Remove the cake from the air fryer and let cool.
- Once the cake has cooled, carefully flip the cake onto a plate and remove from the bundt pan. Prepare the peanut butter cream drizzle. Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Drizzle with peanut butter glaze.
- Until covered.
- Garnish with chopped chocolate.
- Slice and serve.
- Enjoy every bite.