This pepper spinach cheese egg casserole recipe is loaded with eggs, spinach, bell peppers, sweet peppers, Havarti, feta, and more. It's a rich, delicious recipe everyone loves.
I love making casseroles with eggs. Usually, I make breakfast casseroles, but this time around, I decided to get creative. The result is a rich egg casserole loaded with sweet, spicy, and tangy flavors.
Spinach Egg and Cheese Casserole
This casserole is great because it's cheap, easy to make and will feed a large family. If you want to see some more recipes along that line, then check out this totally amazing and delicious list. I can assure you that you won't regret it!
This recipe uses simple ingredients that you can find easily at your local grocery store.
- Large eggs
- Heavy cream
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Diced bell pepper
- Sliced sweet pepper
- Diced yellow onion
- Red pepper flakes
- Garlic cloves
- Baby spinach
- Mozzarella pearls
- Crumbled feta cheese
- Havarti cheese
- Chopped chives
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Like most casseroles, this recipe is done in a flash. It only takes a few simple steps.
Step 1: Prep the Pepper Spinach Cheese Egg Casserole Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven preheats, dice the pepper and onions and mince the garlic. Chop the spinach and shred the Havarti cheese. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Sautee the Vegetables
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and melt butter in it. Then, add the peppers and onions and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Saute for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and spinach and saute for 2 minutes more.
Step 3: Make the Eggs
Combine the eggs, cream, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a bowl and whisk until frothy.
Step 4: Bake the Casserole
Combine the vegetable mixture, eggs, and cheese, then pour them into the casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, then serve with chopped chives.
Hint: It's important to ensure the inside of your baking dish is thoroughly coated with nonstick spray so the casserole comes out easily.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this spinach egg and cheese casserole.
- Heavy Cream - If you don't have heavy cream, you can use half & half or milk.
- Mozzarella Cheese - If you prefer a milder flavor, you can use mozzarella cheese exclusively or your favorite cheese.
- Butter - You can use olive oil to saute the vegetables instead of butter.
- Sriracha - Use your favorite hot sauce instead
- Feta Cheese - Use goat cheese, halloumi, cotija, ricotta or queso fresco instead
- Mozzarella Pearls - Use shredded or cubes of mozzarella cheese instead
- Havarti Cheese - Tilsit, gruyere, provolone, fontina, gouda asiago will work instead
- Baby spinach - Use baby kale, arulula or swiss chard instead
- Chives - use green onions or scallions are the best substitute for chives
Want to personalize this spinach egg and cheese casserole recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Mild - Omit the red pepper flakes for a mild version.
- Extra Spicy - Add diced jalapenos for even more heat and flavor.
- Meat - Add ham, sausage, or bacon to the casserole.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this tater tot casserole.
You'll only need a few basic pieces of kitchen equipment to make this recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowls
This casserole can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze it in an air-tight, freezer-safe container for up to 3 months.
Although this is an incredibly easy recipe, I do have a couple of tips for you to read over before diving in.
- Always be sure that the inside of your casserole dish is thoroughly covered in nonstick spray.
- Don't overcook your casserole, or you'll end up with a dry finished product.
Do you have questions about spinach egg and cheese casserole? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about spinach egg and cheese casserole.
It will last for up to 4 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
Place the casserole in an air-tight, freezer-safe container and freeze. Alternately, you can wrap the casserole in a double layer of plastic wrap and then in a layer of foil.
Bring the casserole up to room temperature. Then, place it in a baking dish and cover. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
More Casserole Recipes
Do you like casseroles? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
- Pepper Jack Potato Casserole
- Easy Cheesy Potato Casserole with Sliced Potatoes
- French Onion Beef Casserole
Pepper Spinach Cheese Egg Casserole Video
Pepper Spinach Cheese Egg Casserole Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Pepper Spinach Cheese Egg Casserole Recipe
- 9 x 13 inch baking pan or casserole dish
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 6 sweet peppers sliced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- Red pepper flakes crushed
- 3 cloves cloves
- 5 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- 2 oz feta crumbled
- 2 oz havarti cheese
- Chopped chives
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350* - Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Prepare ingredients. Dice the peppers and onions and mince the garlic. Chop the spinach. Shred the havarti cheese.
- Melt the butter in the pan. Add the diced peppers and onions and toss to coat. Season with a pinch of red pepper flakes and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and spinach and sauté for 2 minutes.
- And spinach wilted.
- Meanwhile, combine cream, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a bowl. Whisk until frothy.
- Add eggs and beat or whisk until blended.
- Add peppers, onions and spinach.
- Add cheese to the eggs and stir.
- Lightly spray. a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour into the casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Garnish with chopped chives and sriracha. if desired.
- Enjoy every bite!