Are you looking for an easy, sweet and fancy treat? This White Chocolate and Strawberry Layered Pudding Dessert are certain to make your day. Perfect for parties, Valentine's Day, or any holiday at all. (and even a quiet weeknight or weekend at home!)
I'm all about easy desserts. Because sometimes, it's nice to be able to take a break from baking and cooking all-day and whip up something fast and simple. I've made this layered pudding recipe so many times and every time I do, it's always a hit.
What I love about layered dessert in a glass is that it looks really, really fancy but it's actually just made from pudding mix in a box! I'm being serious - this recipe is crazy simple!
I'm also a huge fan of adding in whipped cream as I think it breaks up the look, taste, and texture. The whipped cream is a lighter texture than the puddings so it compliments well with this dessert dish.
White Chocolate and Strawberry Layered Pudding Dessert
There are some people that think that layering a dessert is hard but it's really not at all. There are a few easy tips that you can use to make the layers stay strong and showcase the different flavors and colors and I'll share those with you below.
Make certain that you pick out a pretty glass to put your pudding in because the presentation is part of this delicious dish! I like to use champagne flutes but you can easily use wine glasses or other stemware as well.
(The champagne flutes are great because they're tall and skinny which means that you can add in more layers of flavor easily!)
With a prep time of just 15 minutes, there's hardly any waiting that you're going to have to do. In fact, it's safe to say that you can easily make this sweet treat in the afternoon and have it ready to go in a very short time after that.
I love using this dessert for serving up family and friends for Valentine's Day because of the pink and white layers. I also like to serve this up with a plate of fresh strawberries and some super adorable Valentine's Day sprinkles, too.
The more pink, white, and red, the better! (and this also means that you can alter up the seasonal serving by changing up the sprinkles as well. Blue and white sprinkles are great for Christmas with this pudding recipe and that would also go great for the 4th of July as well)
If this dessert caught your eye, you will love our Espresso Granita With White Chocolate Cream. It is sweet, easy, and delicious.
Ingredients For This White Chocolate and Strawberry Layered Pudding Dessert
- Packages of white chocolate Jello pudding
- Package Strawberry Jello
- Whip Cream (Optional)
And even though I put that the whipped cream is optional, I personally think that it's a must! As I mentioned before, it adds a ton of texture and flavor.
How do you get the layers to stay within your layered pudding dessert?
If you want the layers to be very clean and defined, there is a simple way to make it happen! You can freeze each layer for 15-20 minutes until it firms up and then place the next layer of soft pudding over the top.
This will not only make the layers stick in place but it will also keep them that way until you're ready to serve.
Tips for Making This Dessert Pudding
Even though this recipe is super simple to make, there are a few tips to keep in mind.
Make certain that you're using real milk and not almond milk when making the pudding. It might be because of the lack of fat content, but when you use almond milk, it just doesn't thicken up as regular milk does.
I highly recommend freezing the layers or it's all going to melt together slowly in the glass. It might take a bit more time to do but if you're going for that visual, it's worth it AND the only thing that will work to make it happen.
Topping Variations For Desserts Made With Pudding And Cool Whip
Even though I use sprinkles like CRAZY for this recipe, you can use so many other fun topping ideas as well. Some of my favorite choices for toppings are:
- diced strawberries
- crushed nuts
I also think that toasted shredded coconut would be a killer topping idea as well, and even some maraschino cherries! If it's a topping you want, go for it. Toppings can only add in more flavor and taste!
If you're ready for a delicious pudding dessert, you're not going to want to miss out on this layered pudding recipe. It's fast and easy and certainly looks like a true treat!
Who knew that pudding and a handful of other simple ingredients could create such a fancy dessert like this? It'll be your little secret on how easy it was to make and no one will ever have to know the difference!
More Jello and Pudding Desserts
White Chocolate and Strawberry Layered Pudding
- 4 Cups milk
- 2 Cups water
- 2 pkg (4.2 oz) white chocolate Jello pudding
- 1 pkg (3 oz) Strawberry Jello
- Whipped Cream, Optional
- Get out and measure all of your ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl add both contents of the 2 boxes of white chocolate pudding mix.
- Add 4 cups of milk and stir well.
- You can use a hand mixer for this. I always do. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl mix 1 cup of warm/hot water with 1 package of strawberry jello mix. Stir well and set aside for 5 minutes. Add another cup of cool water and mix well. You don’t want the jello to firm up just yet so keep slightly warm or room temperature.
- Take half (2 cups) of the white chocolate pudding mixture and add it to strawberry jello mixture to make the pink pudding.
- Take the glasses that you will be using and with a spoon make a layer of white or pink pudding.
- Follow with a layer of the opposite color and continue until you reach the top.
- Add optional whipped cream topping, if desired, and some sprinkles. Refrigerate until needed. Serve and enjoy every spoonful!
- Depending on the size of the glass and your own personal taste you can make these layers as thick or thin as you wish.