If you love the hint of ginger, in a soft and chewy cookie, with a sweet, creamy and cheesy center, than these Heart Stuffed Ginger Cookies are for you!
Best Ginger Cookie Recipe
These are one of my favorite holiday cookies. As I get older, my desire and need to reduce sugar in my diet increases! I also don't seem to enjoy really sweet desserts as much anymore either and I can not even believe I am saying that and it is true!
These cookies are totally perfect. Not too sweet at all. As big or small as you want to make them and you will enjoy every last soft, chewy bite, just like I do!
If you are looking to celebrate Christmas please have a look at these cookies, our Easy Stuffed Gingerbread Cookies which are definitely worth a look!
Ginger Sandwich Cookies with Cream Cheese Filling
Oh and the filling or stuffing is AMAZING and I am pretty sure I could eat an entire bowl all to myself! Luckily, there is little left over after stuffing all of the cookies!
Use any shape or cookie cutter you desire, just remember to make an even number so each cookie can be completed, just the way it should! I have to tell you that my husband loves these cookies unstuffed and always steals a few for himself!
That being said, I watch him try to take these stuffed cookies apart, eat all of the icing, and then devour both remaining biscuits, just like it was a game. I know he must have looked adorable doing the exact same thing when he was a kid!
Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
This recipe is great for making gingerbread men, women, ornaments, stars or characters. Whatever cookie cutter shape you have or desire will work beautifully. You only have to remember that you always need two!
We make these cookies whenever we want to. Not just around a particular holiday. These cookies are so tasty that you will make them all year 'round too! You won't be able to help yourself.
The perfect gingerbread cookie recipe has to include four spices, in my opinion, that make for a totally flavorful cookie and they are ginger, allspice, cloves and cinnamon.
This combination of spices is a must if you are looking for the best and tastiest ginger cookie recipe around! Believe me that you have found it!
Christmas Ginger Cookies
You will definitely want to include these cookies on your sweet tray or as a holiday dessert. Not only are the gorgeous and colorful to look at, they taste so good they disappear lightning fast.
I used to love watching my son make all kinds of Christmas treats as he was always much more artistic than I will ever hope to be. He can still draw anything, and I am so envious of his talent. He would have done a much better job decorating the cookies below! That is forsure.
Ingredients in Heart Stuffed Ginger Cookies
- baking powder
- baking soda
- boiling water
- brown sugar
- cooking spray
- icing tubes
- sparkles or sprinkles
- your favorite candies
- marshmallow cream
- cream cheese
How to make Heart Stuffed Ginger Cookies
Holiday Desserts to Try
Heart Stuffed Ginger Cookies Video
Heart Stuffed Ginger Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ginger, ground
- ¾ teaspoon allspice
- ¾ teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- icing tubes, if desired
- sprinkles or sparkles, if desired
- your favorite candy, if desired
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- Get everything ready and measured! You are going to love these cookies!
- In a medium sized bowl combine flour, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, cloves, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand or stand mixer, combine sugars and butter until smooth.
- Add egg, water and molasses.
- Beat mixture on low until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture gradually and continue to blend until combined. Use your hands to mix if necessary.
- Divide dough into 2 parts, about the same size.
- Place each piece between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll flat using a rolling pin. The dough should be about ⅛ of an inch thick.
- Pile all of the dough on top of each other and place on a baking sheet.
- Put dough in the freezer for about 30 minutes. The dough will be much easier to work with.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and cooking spray. Set aside.
- At your workstation place one sheet of dough in front of you.
- Peel off parchment paper.
- Using your cookie cutters cut your dough into your desired shapes. Remember you need 2 of each to make these cookies.
- Place cookies on your prepared baking sheet using a spatula.
- Take your extra pieces and knead back into a ball.
- Roll it flat on parchment paper and refreeze if necessary.
- Cut into cookies and place on baking sheets about 1 ½ - 2 inches apart. These cookies will spread out as they bake.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Cool on your baking sheets.
- Place cookies on a wire rack.
- Once cookies are cool prepare your stuffing. Beat cream cheese and marshmallow cream until smooth.
- Place on a clean baking sheet.
- Spread filling on each cookie bottom and place matching cookie shape on top. Gently press together.
- Next you must decorate each cookie with icing and whatever else your heart desires!
- Serve and enjoy!