Easy Chicken Broccoli Bake is perfect for any night of the week! Only a few ingredients and a great use for leftover or rotisserie chicken! A delicious dinner in less than 30 minutes!
I love recipes like this. I arrive home with a rotisserie chicken or knowing I have enough leftover chicken in my fridge from the night before. Anyone else ever bake extra chicken just so they have some extra for the next night? I do that regularly and this recipe is one of the recipes I make the next day!
It took me years to become a better food planner! This is another one of those things I wish I learned when I was younger. My life would have gone so much easier, that is for sure!
This recipe has two different topping options. Honestly, in my opinion, both are delicious. One uses cheese crackers and the other crispy fried onions. I can't wait to hear which topping you prefer as I can't decide which is better!
We make a lot of dishes using chicken, and I have included a few of our favorites below. These recipes are all in one chicken dishes that you might want to try as well.
Other Chicken Casseroles to Try
Cheesy Baked Vegetable Chicken
Poultry Pot Pie with Stuffing Crust
If you have a moment I hope you have a peek because you never know when you will find another great chicken recipe for your arsenal! Your other option is to search for chicken on this site and you will find a lot of chicken recipes to try! I think you can never have too many chicken recipes.
Ingredients in Easy Chicken Broccoli Bake
- leftover or rotisserie chicken
- broccoli florets
- condensed cream of chicken soup
- sour cream
- cooked rice
How to make Easy Chicken Broccoli Bake
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cook your broccoli until tender and drain.
In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, and salt.
Add chicken and broccoli.
Stir until coated.
Dump into a 2 quart casserole dish.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Next, make your topping. You have two options.
In a medium sized bowl combine cracker crumbs, shredded cheese and melted butter. Stir until blended. Sprinkle on top of your casserole.
Sprinkle top of your casserole with the crispy fried onions and then cover them with shredded cheese. Put casserole back in your oven for another 5 minutes or cheese is melted and top is brown.
Easy Chicken Broccoli Bake Video
Chicken Broccoli Bake
- casserole dish (2 quart)
- 2 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken leftover or store bought rotisserie, cubed
- 1 ½ cups cheese crackers crushed
- ¾-1 cup cheese shredded
- 3-4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 ½ cups crispy fried onions
- ¾-1 cup cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your broccoli until tender and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, and salt. Add chicken, rice and broccoli. Stir until coated.
- Dump into a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Next, make your topping. You have two options.
- In a medium sized bowl combine cracker crumbs, shredded cheese and melted butter. Stir until blended. Sprinkle on top of your casserole.
- Sprinkle top of your casserole with the crispy fried onions and then cover them with shredded cheese.
- Put casserole back in your oven for another 5 minutes or cheese is melted and top is brown.
The directions omit the rice.
Karin and Ken
I can't thank you enough for bringing the error in this recipe to my attention! I have corrected it and am hoping you'll still try this super easy dinner recipe! I just love it! Take care and be well. Karin