A Christmas tree cake is the perfect addition to any holiday party. It's festive, delicious, and easy to make! This cute recipe will be a hit with your family and friends at the next get-together.
What's a better way to celebrate the holiday season than with a Christmas tree cake? This festive treat is easy to make and will be sure to delight all of your friends and family. Not only does this You can even get creative by adding some ornaments if you want. Just follow these simple instructions and you'll have an awesome cake in no time!
Christmas Cake Ideas
The holidays are here once again, which means that it's time for all of your favorite traditions. One tradition that many people love during this time of year is baking or buying some type of special dessert for their loved ones. If you're looking for something new this year, then you should consider making a Christmas tree cake! Not only does it look absolutely stunning on your table but it tastes great too! Keep reading if you want to learn how to create one yourself. This Christmas tree cake is the perfect Christmas Cake idea!
This easy Christmas dessert doesn't require any fancy ingredients. Just gather up these basic pantry staples and get ready to make this festive dessert.
- prepared white cake mix
- powdered sugar
- green food coloring
- brown food coloring
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Christmas Tree Cake
Are you ready to make this festive and fun dessert? Follow these seven simple steps and you will be so glad that you did.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare the baking pan
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare a 9x13 cake pan by lining it with parchment paper and
spraying it with cooking oil. Set aside.
Step 2: Prepare cake batter according to the box directions
Prepare cake batter according to the box directions. Add green food coloring until the desired color is reached. Transfer batter to the prepared cake pan.
Step 3: Bake the cake
Bake according to box directions. Allow cake to cool completely. Remove cake from pan by lifting the parchment paper.
Step 4: Shape the cake
Using a sharp knife, cut the cake into a tree shape. Using the part that you cut off, cut out a small rectangle for the trunk of the tree. Place it under the tree.
Step 5: Make the frosting
Prepare frosting by beating powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla together. Add milk until desired consistency is reached.
Step 6: Color the frosting
Separate out a small amount of frosting for the trunk. Add brown food
coloring until the desired color is reached. Add green food coloring to the remaining frosting until the desired color is reached.
Step 7: Frost the cake
Frosting tree and trunk with the correct colored frosting. Using a fork, create marks on the tree to represent pine branches. Add sprinkles to the tree.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Christmas Tree Cake.
- Cake Mix - If you don't want to use a boxed cake mix, you can use a homemade vanilla cake.
- Frosting - Canned frosting will work in a pinch, just be sure to buy two cans.
- Heavy Cream- Did you run out of milk? Heavy cream can be used in it's place.
Want to personalize this Christmas Tree Cake recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Sprinkles - Add any type of sprinkles or decorations that your family enjoys.
- Snow- Want a snow covered tree look for your cake? Dust the tree with powdered sugar.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this Christmas Funfetti Bread recipe.
To make this Christmas Tree Cake you need a handful of kitchen tools. Decorating this cake does take a little bit of effort but you will be so glad that you did.
- baking pan
- three mixing bowls
- piping bag or knife
- parchment paper
Christmas Tree Cake can be stored on the counter away from heat sources in an airtight container for up to five days.
More Christmas Recipes
Do you like Christmas recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Do you have questions about Christmas Tree Cake? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Yes! This cake freezes well. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Yes! You can make this delicious cake up to 24 hours ahead of time.
Certainly! Whip up a batch of your favorite homemade cake mix and use it instead.
Christmas Tree Cake
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Christmas Tree Cake
- 9x13 cake pan
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare a 9x13 cake pan by lining it with parchment paper and spraying it with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Prepare cake batter according to the box directions. Mine required eggs.
- And oil.
- Add green food coloring
- Until desired color is reached.
- Transfer batter to prepared cake pan.
- Bake according to box directions.
- Allow cake to cool completely. Remove cake from pan by lifting the parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut cake into a tree shape.
- Using the part that you cut off, cut out a small rectangle for the trunk of the tree.
- Prepare frosting by beating powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla together.
- Add milk.
- Beat or whip until desired consistency is reached.
- Separate out a small amount of frosting for the trunk. Add brown food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Add green food coloring to the remaining frosting until desired color is reached.
- Frosting tree and trunk with the correct colored frosting.
- Using a fork, create marks on the tree to represent pine branches.
- Add sprinkles to the tree.
- Use a piece of extra cake and cut in the shape of a star or another decoration for on top of the tree. Some yellow sprinkles will work great too!
- Enjoy every bite!