Big Mac tacos are filled with all the flavors we love about a Big Mac. Loaded with beef, cheese, pickles, lettuce, cheese, and that special sauce, a Big Mac Taco always satisfies.
If there are two foods that I really love – I mean really love – it’s tacos and Big Macs. I combined them to make this ultimate comfort food, and it’s so good.
Big Mac Taco
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this recipe. Aside from the taco shells and the ground beef, they’re all kitchen staples that you most likely have in your kitchen right now.
For the Tacos
- Taco shells
- Ground beef
- Diced yellow onions
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce
For the Big Mac Sauce
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
Making this recipe couldn’t be easier. It only takes a few simple steps, and you’ll have delicious tacos in no time flat.
Step 1: Prep
Dice the onions and pickles, shred the cheddar cheese and lettuce, and measure out all your ingredients.
Step 2: Brown the Beef
Brown the ground beef with salt and pepper until it’s no longer pink over medium heat in a medium-sized skillet.
Step 3: Make the Sauce
While the beef is browning, prepare the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, pickles, mustard, ketchup, and paprika.
Step 4: Make the Tacos
When the beef is finished cooking, stir the sauce into the meat until evenly coated. Then construct the tacos using the beef mixture, shredded cheese and lettuce, and diced pickles.
Hint: Remember to drain the beef mixture if a lot of fat cooks off.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Big Mac taco recipe.
- Lettuce – Instead of ice berg lettuce, you can use romaine lettuce or spinach
- Cheese – Any of your favorite shredded cheeses will work in this recipe.
- Ground Turkey or Chicken – If you’re watching your fat intake, use ground chicken or turkey.
Want to personalize these Big Mac Tacos? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy – Add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish.
- Make it a Double – Just like the Big Mac, you can make this taco a double decker by adding a bit of filling and then another shell and more filling.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy these smoked chicken tacos.
You don’t need much in the way of equipment to make this recipe. It’s very simple.
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Cutting board
You can store the filling for these tacos for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to a month.
This is an exceedingly simple recipe to make, but I still have a few tips that will help you make the best possible tacos.
- Drain the beef mixture if there’s more than a touch of fat in it.
- For extra crispy shells, bake them per package directions. They’re great with the filling.
More Big Mac Recipes
Do you like Big Macs? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
- Big Mac Wraps
- Big Mac Pizza
- How to Make a Big Mac
- Big Mac Egg Rolls
- Big Mac Tacos
- Copycat Big Mac Sauce
- Big Mac Bites
Do you have questions about Big Mac tacos? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this Big Mac taco recipe
You can store the filling in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can also freeze it for up to a month.
Chill the filling in the refrigerator, then transfer it to a freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
You can either microwave it or place it in a skillet over medium-low heat until heated through.
No. Thousand Island dressing using tomatoes, which isn’t in Big Mac sauce.
Big Mac Taco Video
Big Mac Tacos
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Big Mac Tacos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup pickles diced and divided
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoon ketchup
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup yellow onions diced
- 1 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup lettuce shredded
- taco shells soft or crunchy
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef with salt and pepper.
- While meat is cooking, prepare sauce by combining mayonnaise, ¼ cup pickles, mustard, ketchup, and paprika.
- When no pink is showing in the ground beef.
- Stir sauce into meat until evenly coated.
Build Your Tacos
- Start with adding chopped lettuce to your taco shell.
- Next, add ground meat.
- Chopped onions.
- Shredded cheese.
- Chopped pickles.
- Enjoy every bite.