These Air Fryer mini chicken cordon bleu croissants pack a big punch of flavor in a small package. These mini chicken cordon bleu croissants combine tender chicken and all our favorite cordon bleu flavors in flaky croissants!
Chicken cordon bleu is such a classic dish, but I’ve always loved making classics with a twist. That’s why I decided to stuff everything I love about the dish into little croissants!
Mini Chicken Cordon Bleu Bites
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make these delicious bites. Many of them are kitchen staples, so you won’t have to do much shopping at all. What you do have to buy is all readily available at your local grocery store.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into ½″ pieces
- All purpose flour
- Plain breadcrumbs
- Large eggs
- Hot sauce
- Original Pillsbury Croissants
- Dijon mustard
- Sliced deli ham
- Sliced swiss cheese
See the recipe card at the end of the post for amounts.
How to Make Mini Cordon Bleu Crescent Rolls
There are a few steps involved with this recipe, but don’t let that deter you. These are all incredibly easy steps when you break them down, and they lead to something that’s so good.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees and measure out all of your ingredients. Set out three shallow bowls.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Set up the Dredging Station
In one bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. Then, in a second bowl, beat the eggs and hot sauce together. In a third bowl, add the breadcrumbs.
Step 3: Coat the Chicken
Place each cut of chicken in the flour station to coat evenly. Then, place the chicken in the egg wash, submerging completely. Finally, place the chicken in the breadcrumbs and thoroughly cover them.
Step 4: Air Fry the Chicken
Place the chicken in the bottom of the air fryer, covering it completely but not allowing the chicken to touch. Air fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat the process until all batches of the chicken are cooked, then set aside.
Step 5: Make the Cordon Bleu Bites
Lay the precut dough sections flat on your prepared baking sheet, and spread dijon mustard over each section. Then, top with sliced ham and cheese. Next, add an air fried chicken bit to each croissant and roll up the dough.
Step 6: Bake and Serve
Place the croissants in the oven and bake until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Hint: Be sure your chicken bites don’t touch when air frying them. The hot air needs to be able to circulate around all sides of the chicken bites to cook properly.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change these mini chicken cordon bleu bites.
- Yellow mustard – Dijon mustard is preferred, but yellow mustard will work in a pinch.
- Panko – For extra crispy bites, use panko instead of plain bread crumbs.
Want to personalize this air fried chicken cordon bleu recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy – Add chili pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the flour station for a kick of heat.
- No spice – Simply take out the hot sauce if you don’t like spicy food.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this cordon bleu Hasselback chicken.
Equipment For Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Rolls
It only takes a few simple kitchen implements to make this dish. You don’t need much!
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet
- Air fryer
Store these bites in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. For longer storage, you can freeze these for up to 2 months.
While this recipe is fairly straightforward, I do have some excellent tips that will ensure you make the best little bites possible.
- Cut your ham and cheese to fit the triangular shape of the croissant dough.
- You can dip these little bites in ranch!
- Make sure your chicken bites are thoroughly coated at each station when battering them.
- Don’t allow your chicken bites to touch in the air fryer. The hot air needs to circulate freely to cook the chicken properly.
More Chicken Recipes
Do you like chicken? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about these mini chicken cordon bleu bites? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about air-fried chicken cordon bleu.
This will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days or up to 2 months in the freezer.
Place the stuffed croissants on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze them. After they’re fully frozen, wrap them in a double layer of cling wrap and place them in an air-tight, freezer-safe container or heavy-duty freezer bag.
Place these bites in the refrigerator overnight.
Bake them for about 5 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce the heat and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 13 minutes.
You can use any kind of ham you like. I prefer something like black forest ham as opposed to honey or sweeter hams.
Air Fried Chicken Cordon Bleu
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Mini Chicken Cordon Bleu Croissants
- Air Fryer
- 1-½ lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1×2” pieces
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 cans Original Pillsbury Croissants
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Sliced deli ham about 16 slices
- Sliced swiss cheese 8 full slices cut into halves
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- To begin prepping the chicken bites for the air fryer, set up three separate stations. In a shallow bowl or plate, combine flour, salt & pepper. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and hot sauce. Place breadcrumbs in a separate bowl for the third station.
- Place each cut of chicken in the flour station and coat evenly. From there, place in egg wash and submerge completely. Lastly place each cut of chicken into the breadcrumbs to cover fully. You can do this one piece at a time of batch 4-6 pieces through together at a time.
- When all your chicken pieces have gone through all three stations, place enough pieces of chicken in the bottom of the air fryer to cover it completely. Be careful not to have pieces touching one another.
- Cook for 8 minutes or until the breading is golden brown. Repeat until all batches of chicken are thoroughly cooked. Set all cooked chicken pieces aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open both tubes of Pillsbury Croissants and lay pre cut dough sections flat on sheet. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to use two pans or work in batches.
- Spread dijon mustard overtop each precooked croissant. Top with sliced ham. And then sliced cheese.
- Take an air fried chicken bite and place on top of each croissant before rolling dough up.
- Place in the oven and bake for 9-12 minutes or until croissants are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.