Patriotic Fruit Cookie Pizza is simple to make, tastes delicious and is a festive dessert. Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza is bound to brighten up your table.
Fruit Cookie Pizza is a sweet sugar cookie dough crust, topped with a creamy cream cheese fruit dip, and then decorated with fresh bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and a sprinkle of white chocolate chips.
This Fruit Pizza is fun but can be made in so many different ways. Dessert pizza is always a success at parties and holiday celebrations.
The 4th of July is always hot, and we tend to spend the entire day outside enjoying the sunshine. By the end of the day, we are looking for ways to cool off but still enjoy a tasty dessert.
This fruit pizza is one of our favorite desserts to pull out on a hot summer day. We can customize the fruit based on our taste or to make the colors of our festivities.
Once you try this delicious fruit cookie pizza, you will never want to stop making it. Not only is it simple to make, but it’s not overly sweet, and the fresh fruit on top makes it refreshing.
This simple sugar cookie fruit pizza dessert is an easy way to sneak more fresh fruits into your children, and they won’t even notice.
What fruit should I use for Fruit Pizza
One of my favorite things about this fruit pizza with sugar cookie crust is that you can top it with anything your family enjoys. The options are endless.
Since I am making this fruit cookie pizza for the 4th of July, I went with fruit that fits the red, white, and blue theme. I used bananas, sliced strawberries, and blueberries.
Here are a few other fruit ideas that you can use to make your own sugar cookie fruit pizza. The options are endless.
- Mandarin oranges
How do I keep bananas from turning brown
If you are going to serve your fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust right away, there’s no need to worry about your bananas turning because you will be gobbling them up quickly.
If you think that your fruit pizza will sit for a few minutes before it’s gobbled by, then I have a couple of suggestions for preventing your bananas from turning brown.
When you are trying to prevent any type of fruit from browning, including bananas, there is one thing you need, acid. Lemon juice makes for a great acid to prevent fruit from browning.
Simply toss your banana slices in a bit of lemon juice, make sure to coat all sides of your fruit.
Another acid option for preventing fruit from browning is citric acid. In your local grocery store on the canning aisle, you will find a citric acid powder that you can sprinkle on fresh fruit to prevent it from browning.
My family prefers when I use this method. No matter which method you choose, your fruit pizza will be delicious and pretty.
What kind of frosting do I need for this pizza
There’s no need to go out and buy a can of frosting for this sugar cookie fruit pizza. When you mix together cream cheese and Cool Whip, you will create a light and fluffy fruit dip-style frosting.
It’s sweet but not overly sweet and airy. It makes for the perfect topping for your fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust.
How to make fruit pizza with cookie crust
The cookie crust for this Fruit Cookie Pizza is a sugar cookie crust. I used sugar cookie dough that you find in a roll or log at your local grocery store. You will need two rolls of sugar cookie dough.
Roll out your sugar cookie dough until it is about ½ inch thick. You can use your fingers to just press the cookie dough down and spread them out.
Or, you can use a rolling pin if you want to save a little time on pressing your cookie dough out. An even better idea is to pull out the rolling pin and let the children help.
Children love using a rolling pin, and this sugar cookie fruit pizza recipe is easy enough that they can definitely help.
When you are rolling out your cookie dough, be sure to leave about 3 to 4 inches of room between the dough and the sides of your pan. Your cookie dough will spread as it bakes, so you need to leave a little more for the spreading on your pan.
You're going to love making this EASY fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust! Just you wait and see.
Can I make this ahead
This Fruit Cookie pizza is really best if you enjoy it as soon as you finish decorating it since you are using fresh fruit.
If you want to save a little time, you can bake your sugar cookie crust ahead and shape it so that it’s ready for you to assemble. It would be best if you had your cookie crust completely cooled anyway before creating your fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust.
So, if you want to save time, you can do so by prepping your sugar cookie crust ahead.
Can I use frozen fruit for this recipe
No, you need to use fresh fruit for a fruit cookie pizza recipe. Frozen fruit becomes too watery when thawed, so it makes your cool whip and cream cheese mixture very runny. Fresh fruit is what you need for this tasty dessert pizza.
Be sure to slice your fruit as close to serving time as possible to prevent browning. Or, use the steps listed about to keep your fresh slices looking fresh.
Should I use sugar cookie or shortbread cookie dough for fruit pizza
I always use sugar cookie dough for this dessert pizza. I find that sugar cookie dough gives this yummy treat the best taste and texture. Shortbread cookies are a little drier than a sugar cookie, so personally, I think that sugar cookie dough is the best solution for this pizza.
I used the sugar cookie dough you find in a roll at your local grocery store.
If you prefer homemade, you can use that. However, personally, I like to save a little time in the kitchen and just use the store-bought cookie dough tubes. For this sugar cookie fruit pizza recipe, you will need two logs of sugar cookie dough.
Fruit Cookie Pizza Ingredients
- 2 tubes of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- cool whip
- powdered sugar
- sliced bananas
- sliced fresh strawberries
- fresh blueberries
- white chocolate chips
Directions for Fruit Cookie Pizza
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2. Grease the bottom of a 12”x17” cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 3. Open both tubes of sugar cookie dough, place on the cookie sheet, and begin flattening the dough out onto the pan evenly. Do not cover the pan entirely. Leave approximately 3-4 inches around the edges to allow the cookie to expand while baking.
Step 4. Place the cookie dough in the oven and bake for 18-20minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
Step 5. After the cooking time is complete, please remove it from the oven and allow your giant cookie to cool completely. After the cookie cools, take a sharp knife and carefully cut the edges to form the cookie into a perfect rectangle. Remove cookie from cookie sheet and place on a flat counter or on a large serving tray.
Step 6. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese and cool whip by hand or using an electric hand mixer. Beat together until thoroughly combined.
Step 7. Spread cream cheese & cool whip mixture overtop the cookie, making sure it evenly covers the entire surface.
Step 8. Begin aligning your blueberries in the upper left-hand corner of your cookie. Arrange your blueberries to form a rectangle, evenly placing them side by side.
Step 9. After your blueberry corner is complete, begin creating the stripes. Align a row of sliced strawberries at the very bottom of the cookie, placing a slicing side by side along the entire bottom edge.
Step 10. Top the strawberry row with banana slices, lining the bananas side by side, neatly on top of the strawberries. Continue creating strawberry and banana stripes until the entire cookie is covered to the top.
Step 11. But the final touches on your cookie using the white chocolate chips. Take a single chocolate chip and place it in between the spaces left by the blueberries. These will form your stars.
Step 12. Using a sharp knife or a serving utensil, cut the cookie according to the size desired and serve immediately!
- When panning out the cookie dough, it helps to form the dough into a rectangle, creating the exact shape of the pan, just a smaller scale. When your cookie forms, this will help even more for when you cut off the edges to create a perfect rectangle shape
- This cookie crust should slide right off the pan
- You can eat this dish with a fork or by hand but honestly I've never used a knife and fork myself and probably never will
Now that you have the recipe for this fun and simple fruit pizza with sugar cookie crust, it’s time to celebrate the summer holidays and let the children build their own fruit cookie pizza.
They will have a blast decorating and making their own delicious fun. You can customize this treat to your own tastes, which makes this fruit pizza a craveable sweet dish.
This dessert pizza will brighten your holiday dessert table and make it super festive and fun. Plus, the kids will be dying to dig in. Don’t tell the kids that this is my secret weapon in getting them to eat more fresh fruit.
This festive dessert is bound to wow your family and your guests.
More Red White and Blue Recipes
- BERRY TRIFLE WITH ANGEL FOOD CAKE – 4TH OF JULY TRIFLE
- HOW TO MAKE FUNFETTI CAKE
- CHOCOLATE DIPPED WAFFLE CONES – 4TH OF JULY
- MINI BUNDT CAKES – RED WHITE & BLUE
- HOW TO MAKE BROKEN GLASS JELLO
Patriotic Fruit Cookie Pizza - 4th Of July Fruit Pizza
- Large cookie sheet
- 2 tubes (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 brick (8 oz) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 carton (8 oz) cool whip
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Get out and measure all of your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the bottom of a 11”x17” cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice your strawberries.
- Slice your bananas.
- Open both tubes of sugar cookie dough, place on the cookie sheet and begin flattening the dough out onto the pan evenly.
- When panning out the cookie dough, it helps to form the dough into a rectangle, creating the same shape of the pan, just a smaller scale. When your cookie forms this will help even more for when you cut off the edges to create a perfect rectangle shape.
- Do not cover the pan entirely, leave approximately 3-4 inches around the edges to allow the cookie to expand while baking.
- Place the cookie dough in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- After the cooking time is complete, remove from the oven and allow your giant cookie to cool completely. After the cookie cools, take a sharp knife and carefully cut the edges to form the cookie into a perfect rectangle.
- Remove cookie from cookie sheet and place on a flat counter or on a large serving tray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese and cool whip by hand or using an electric hand mixer.
- Beat until blended and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese and cool whip mixture overtop the cookie.
- Make sure mixture evenly covers the entire surface.
- Begin aligning your blueberries in the upper left hand corner of your cookie. Arrange your blueberries to form a rectangle, evenly placing them side by side.
- After your blueberry corner is complete, begin creating the stripes. Align a row of sliced strawberries at the very bottom of the cookie, placing a slice side by side along the entire bottom edge.
- Top the strawberry row with banana slices, lining the bananas side by side, neatly on top of the strawberries.
- Continue creating strawberry and banana stripes.
- Until the entire cookie is covered to the top.
- But the final touches on your cookie using the while chocolate chips. Take a single chocolate chip and place in between the spaces left by the blueberries. These will form your stars.
- Using a sharp knife or a serving utensil, cut the cookie according to size desired.
- Serve immediately!
- Enjoy every slice!
- You can eat this dish with a fork or by hand but let's face it, you'll most likely use your fingers!
Leave a Reply