Air Fryer Turkey Legs are easy to make, but still crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. No need to waste time roasting turkey legs or paying tons of money at fairs when you can make your own at home in your air fryer.
One of my go to fair foods is turkey legs. I always have to split one with someone because let's face it, they are giant! But, I love them so much! I decided to give making them at home a try, and now I'm in love.
Turkey Legs In Air Fryer
This tasty recipe was inspired by my love of fair foods. I don't know about you, but there is just something so fun about the fair environment, and food is one of the best parts of most fairs. While you can enjoy these turkey legs on their own, they also pair well with this Air Fryer Corn On the Cob recipe.
To make this turkey leg air fryer recipe you only need seven ingredients. Most of these ingredients you should already have on hand in fridge and pantry.
- turkey legs
- Cajun seasoning
- poultry seasoning
- garlic salt
- ground black pepper
See the recipe card below for quantities.
To get juicy and tender turkey legs in the air fryer, follow these easy three steps. Your entire family is going to love these flavorful turkey legs. These steps are so easy to make even the kids can get into the kitchen and help you make this tasty dish.
Step 1: Mix your seasoning mix.
In a small microwave safe bowl melt the butter. To the melted butter add all the seasonings and stir to combine.
Step 2: Coat your turkey legs
Brush the seasoned butter all over the turkey legs top and bottom and sides.
Step 3: Air Fry your turkey legs
Place the legs in the air fryer basket and air fry at 390 for 25-30 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 165.
Hint: use a grill brush to easily apply your seasoned butter to your turkey legs.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this turkey legs in air fryer recipe.
- Salt - are you watching your sodium intake? Use garlic powder instead of salt for lower sodium
- Seasoned Salt - Don't love Cajun seasoning? Use seasoned salt in it's place.
Want to personalize this air fryer turkey legg recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes to your seasoned butter for a spicy kick
- Parmesan- add parmesan cheese to your seasoned butter and leave out the cajun seasoning for a garlic parmesan butter.
- Kid friendly - leave out the cajun seasoning to make these turkey legs kid friendly,.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy my air fryer chicken tenders recipe.
Do you leftover turkey legs? Store your turkey legs in the fridge for up to three days.
Looking for some helpful tips to make sure that your turkey legs turn out perfectly? Here are my favorite tips for making this air fryer turkey leg recipe.
- Do not overcrowd your air fryer basket. You can the air to be able to move freely around all sides of your turkey legs.
- Turn your turkey legs over half way through the cooking time for even browning.
Do you have questions about turkey legs in air fryer? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Reheat your turkey legs in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes or until they are warm in the center.
Yes! Turkey legs freeze really well. Store your turkey legs in the freezer for up to three months wrapped in a freezer safe bag or container.
Absolutely! just make sure that you do not overcrowd your air fryer so you may need to cook the turkey legs in batches.
More air fryer recipes
Do you like air fryer recipes? Here some recipes you may also like to try:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wing
- Crispy Air fryer fried chicken thighs
- Air Fryer bang bang cauliflower
Air Fryer Turkey Legs
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Gather your ingredients.
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt the butter.
- To the melted butter add all the seasonings and stir to combine.
- Brush the seasoned butter all over the turkey legs top and bottom and sides.
- Place the legs in the air fryer basket and air fry at 390 for 25-30 minutes until they reach an internal temperature of 165.
- We also take three turkey legs and coat them with oil, generously sprinkle salt and pepper all over and air fry for a nice change.
- If you enjoy carrots have a look at our 12 Delicious Carrot Recipes for Turkey Dinner. I think you'll be glad you did.