Air fryer pineapple is perfectly caramelized and deeply brown on the outside and exploding with sweet pineapple flavor on the inside. It’s pineapple like you’ve never had before!
I love grilled pineapple, but I’m not about to fire up the grill in the winter. A close approximation is this delicious air fryer version. It’s sweet, delicious, and crispy!
Air Fryer Pineapple
It only takes a few simple ingredients to make this dish. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Fresh pineapple – peeled, cored, and cut into spears
- Melted butter
- Packed brown sugar
- Cooking spray
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
It only takes a few simple steps to make this tasty pineapple recipe.
Step 1: Prep the Pineapple
Core, peel, and cut your pineapple into spears.
Step 2: Combine Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
Blend the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
Step 3: Coat the Pineapple
Heat and brush the pineapple spears with melted butter. Then, press them into the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat on all sides.
Step 4: Air Fry
Place the spears in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Then, air fry them for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Brush them with more melted butter halfway through cooking.
Step 5: Check
After 10 minutes, gently pierce one of the spears with a fork to check for doneness. If they aren’t soft, air fryer for another 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Hint: Be sure to cut your pineapple spears as uniformly as possible for even cooking.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this air fryer pineapple.
- White Sugar – If you don’t have brown sugar, white sugar will work. The pineapple will just taste a bit different.
- Pre-Cut Pineapple – You can use fresh, pre-cut pineapple from your produce section.
Want to personalize this air fryer pineapple recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy – Add a small amount of cayenne to the cinnamon sugar mixture for just a touch of heat.
- Nutmeg – Add a little nutmeg to the cinnamon sugar for a bit of earthiness.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this baked Brazilian pineapple.
You only need a few pieces of kitchen equipment to make this recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Air fryer
You can store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
This is a super simple recipe, but I have some tips to make it even better.
- Preheat the air fryer for even cooking.
- Always spray your basket so nothing sticks.
- Be sure to thoroughly coat your pineapple spears for maximum flavor.
- Cut your spears to uniform sizes for even cooking.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Do you like cooking with the air fryer? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about air fryer pineapple? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about cooking pineapple in the air fryer.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Add a little butter to a pan and cook the pineapple on medium heat until heated through.
It caramelizes the outside, making the pineapple much sweeter.
Air Fryer Pineapple
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Pineapple
- 1 large pineapple peeled, cored and cut into spears
- 2-4 tblsp butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1-3 teaspoon cinnamon ground more or less to taste
- cooking spray
- Peel, core, and cut your pineapple into uniform spears.
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, blend brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Melt butter in microwave or stovetop.
- Dip or brush pineapple with melted butter until coated.
- Press cinnamon mixture onto all sides of each piece of pineapple.
- Until complete.
- In a single layer, place the pineapple into the air fryer basket. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to make your pineapple in batches
- Set temperature to 400 degrees and cook pineapple for 10 minutes. Brush pineapple with more melted butter at the 5-minute mark. You will be glad you did.
- Open the air fryer and gently pierce a pineapple piece with fork to confirm that they're cooked. If necessary, you may need another 2 minutes. I
- Enjoy every bite!