This tilapia and shrimp recipe with lemon cream sauce looks fancy enough for a restaurant, but it’s easy enough to make at home. Served with rice, it’s a seafood lover’s dream.
If you love seafood, then you’re going to adore this recipe. With both flaky tilapia and tender shrimp are bathed in a rich, creamy lemon sauce that’s bright and bold.
Tilapia and Shrimp Recipe with Lemon Cream Sauce
You only need a few basic ingredients to make this recipe. You’ll find them all easily at your local grocery store.
- Tilapia filets
- Large raw shrimp, deveined with no tails
- Half and half
- Fresh lemon juice
- Garlic powder
- Grated parmesan cheese
See the recipe card at the end of the post for quantities.
It only takes a few simple steps to make this recipe. It’s so easy, even beginners can make it.
Step 1: Cook the Fish and Shrimp
Add the tilapia and shrimp in a large greased skillet. Then, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, cover the skillet, and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the shrimp is pink and opaque and the fish is white and flakes easily. Flip the fish and shrimp halfway through.
Step 2: Make the Lemon Cream Sauce Base
Whisk the half and half, lemon juice, garlic powder, and paprika together in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until it comes to a slow boil. This creamy lemon garlic sauce is incredible to say the least.
Step 3: Add Cheese and Finish the Sauce
Reduce the heat to low and whisk in the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, whisking frequently until the sauce thickens.
Step 4: Serve
Serve each tilapia filet with 4 shrimp and a good helping of lemon cream sauce and enjoy!
Hint: Whisk frequently when cooking the lemon cream sauce. If you can whisk frequently, even better.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this tilapia and shrimp with lemon cream sauce.
- Real Lemon – If you don’t have a lemon, you can use bottled Real Lemon juice.
- Whole Milk – If you don’t have half and half, whole milk will do.
- Any White Fish – Any substantial white fish like roughy, for example, will work in this recipe.
Want to personalize this tilapia and shrimp with cream sauce recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe for tilapia and shrimp.
- Spicy – Add red pepper flakes to the cream sauce for a spicy kick.
- Super Seafood – Add lump crab to the fish as well for a seafood feast.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this smoked whitefish.
You’ll only need a few simple pieces of kitchen equipment to make this recipe.
- Measuring cups and spoons
This dish will keep for about 3 to 4 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
This easy dinner recipe is incredibly easy to make. That being said, I have a couple of tips to ensure you get the best possible outcome.
- Remove the fish and shrimp from the pan as soon as they’re finished cooking. Leaving them in the hot pan will lead to overcooking.
- Whisk often, preferably constantly, when cooking the sauce to avoid sticking or burning.
More Fish and Shrimp Recipes Recipes
Do you like fish and shrimp? Here are some recipes you may also like to try.
Do you have questions about tilapia and shrimp with lemon cream sauce? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about tilapia and shrimp.
Both tilapia and shrimp have a mild flavor and they both cook at about the same rate, making them perfect for this dish.
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serve it over a bed of white rice or couscous.
Tilapia and Shrimp with Lemon Cream Sauce
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Tilapia and Shrimp with Lemon Cream Sauce
- ● 3 tilapia filets
- ● 12 large raw shrimp deveined and no tails
- ● 1 cup half and half
- ● 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ● 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ● ½ teaspoon paprika
- ● ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ● ½ teaspoon salt
- ● ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Get out and measure your ingredients.
- Place tilapia filets and shrimp in a large greased skillet.
- Season tilapia and shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Shrimp is done with pink and opaque. Fish is done with white and flakey.
- In a small sauce pan, whisk half and half with lemon juice, garlic powder, and paprika. Cook over medium heat until it reaches a slow boil.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. Be sure to stir often.
- Continue cooking sauce for 10-15 minutes or until it thickens.
- Serve each tilapia filet with 4 shrimp and a helping of lemon cream sauce.
- Enjoy every bite!