Follow this Easy Cheesy Baked Empanadas recipe and the results will be one of the tastiest empanadas around. Filled with beef, chicken or pork, it's the perfect appetizer, snack or meal for Taco night or any occasion.
We made these Easy Cheesy Empanadas the other night and they were all gone in no time! We used ground turkey but you can use any ground meat you desire.
We enjoyed them so much we created a video to show you just how easy they are to prepare! For the video we used ground beef. Whatever you have on hand will work. I had forgotten how good they taste!
These Easy Cheesy Empanadas just taste so yummy! I wish every snack or meal was this easy and delicious! Sometimes I add a little more of the chili powder and cumin. Taste your meat mixture every time you make it so it is perfect for you!
My son Patrick adds hot sauce and cayenne pepper because he loves it and can take the heat! I used to be able to but not any more.
I am a huge cheese fan and always add more than I need to. To me, cheese is like bacon! It makes everything taste better! Especially these Easy Cheesy Empanadas!
- ground beef, chicken, turkey pork
- refrigerated biscuits
- sweet peppers
- chili powder
- olive or another vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- cayenne pepper, to taste instead of or with regular pepper
- hot sauce dashes to taste
How to Make Empanadas
In a large skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil until it shimmers or when flicking a drop of water in it dances. Add garlic, onion, peppers and ground meat. Cook until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 9 or 10 minutes. Drain if necessary.
Add salsa, chili powder and cumin. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Taste your mixture and add seasoning if necessary.
Allow mixture to cool completely.
In the meantime, flatten or roll out each biscuit into a 4 or 5 inch flat round.
Place 3 or 4 tablespoons of your meat mixture in the middle of each flattened biscuit. As much as you can fit.
Place a few pinches of shredded cheese on top of your meat mixture and then place another flattened biscuit on top of the cheese.
Place empanadas on your prepared sheet.
Moisten edges of the flattened biscuit with water and seal edges with a fork.
Brush beaten egg over top of each empanada.
Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy every bite! This recipe will make 10 empanadas.
You have to check out our video!
Easy Cheesy Empanadas Video
Easy Cheesy Beef Empanadas
- ¾ pound ground chicken, ground turkey, ground beef or ground pork
- 2 tubes refrigerated biscuits (10 each)
- ¾ cup salsa
- ½-1 small onion, diced
- ½ pepper, green, yellow, orange or red, cored, diced
- 1-2 tblsp garlic, minced
- ½-3/4 cup cheese, shredded more or less to taste
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon cumin, ground
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- 2 tblsp olive oil or another vegetable oil more or less to taste
- cooking spray
- 1-2 large eggs, beaten
- cayenne pepper, to taste instead of regular pepper
- dashes hot sauce, to taste
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil lightly coated in cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pull out and measure all of the ingredients.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil until it shimmers or when flicking a drop of water in it dances. Add garlic, onion, peppers and ground meat. Cook until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 9 or 10 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- Add salsa, chili powder and cumin. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Taste your mixture and add seasoning if necessary.
- Allow mixture to cool completely.
- In the meantime, flatten or roll out each biscuit into a 4 or 5-inch flat round.
- Place 3 or 4 tablespoons of meat mixture in the middle of each flattened biscuit. As much as you can fit.
- Top meat mixture with shredded cheese, then add another flattened biscuit on top.
- Place Empanadas on prepared sheet.
- Moisten edges of the flattened biscuit with water and seal edges with a fork.
- Brush beaten egg over top of each Empanada.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Enjoy every bite! This recipe will make 10 empanadas.
beef empanada recipe
pork empanada recipe
easy empanada recipe
easy beef and cheese empanada recipe
how to make empanadas
baked empanada recipe
what is an empanada
best empanada recipe
easy empanada recipe
empanada filling recipe
beef cheese empanadas
can you make empanadas ahead of time
empanada dipping sauce
It's helpful to know that moistened edges can help in making empanadas look a but more glossy and I think something hearty like your empanadas is perfect anytime. Thank you for sharin
Karin and Ken
As always you're most welcome. I'm glad to hear we are not the only ones who LOVE these easy empanadas. Hopefully you find some other recipes on this site that you enjoy just as much! All the best. Karin