This recipe for Cool Orange Snowballs is a perfect snack for those hot summer days approaching. Fast and easy! Use your favorite frozen juice concentrate. Your favorite flavor will do. A big hit, every time!
Summertime is finally here! It seems like we go through more snacks during the summer. Kids running through the house, always asking got a snack! Even if you invite a group of adults over for a get together, they would enjoy these jsut as much as the kiddos! These Cool Orange Snowballs are a perfect sweet treat to have on hand.
They are super simple to make. Most of the ingredients you will probably have on hand already! They usually don't last long around here!
I used orange juice concentrate, but the flavor possibilities are endless! Any frozen juice concentrate flavor would be delicious.
I used a baggie to crush the wafers. If you want a finer texture, you could also use your food processor.
The only tricky part of this recipe is the amount of water it takes to get the perfect consistency. One batch will take more than the next. You really have to gradually add the water until the balls will stay together.
On a hot summer day, it will feel nice to have a snowball! Have a look at our video!
Cool Orange Snowballs
- 1 cup vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- ¾ cup coconut, shredded
- ¾ cup powdered or icing sugar plus more for rolling
- ¼ cup frozen juice, concentrated, undiluted your favorite variety
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- In a medium sized bowl combine wafer cookies, coconut and icing sugar.
- Add your favorite frozen juice concentrate.
- Add water gradually. Start with 2 tablespoons. Mix well.
- Add enough water that 1 inch balls will hold together in your hand. Sometime more water is required.
- Roll balls in powdered or icing sugar.
- Store in fridge or freezer. Serve and enjoy