Air Fryer Ribeye Steak is tender, juicy and cooked to perfection thanks to the air fryer. If the cold weather has come your way, there's no need to freeze your butt off while trying to cook steaks on the grill. The air fryer can produce a flavorful steak every single time! So stay warm inside and enjoy a delicious steak courtesy of your air fryer.
Ken and I both love a good steak, and we don't always feel like venturing out to a restaurant and pay a heavy price for a delicious steak meal. So, I gave this recipe a try and I'm so I did!
Ribeye Steak in Air Fryer
Have you ever asked yourself "I wonder if I can cook a steak in the air fryer?" Well, I'm here to answer that question for you! You can indeed cook a steak in the air fryer and I'm going to share how to do it with you.
Ribeye is Ken's favorite cut of steak, and I have to admit that I can also enjoy the rich marbling that a ribeye contains. Marbling adds such delicious flavor and moisture and helps keep your steak nice and tender. Once you make this ribeye in the air fryer you won't feel like freezing in the cold again.
You only need eight ingredients to help you make this tender and flavorful steak in the air fryer. However, you can change up the seasonings how you prefer and use what you have on hand.
- ribeye steaks
- olive oil
- unsalted butter
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Air Fry a Ribeye steak
Are you ready to learn how to air fry a ribeye steak? All you need to do is follow these four easy steps and you will tender and juicy steak to enjoy.
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer
Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°.
Step 2: Season the steak and then air fry
Season the steak and place in the hot air fryer basket. Set the air fryer for 400° and cook for 2-4 minutes per side for rare, 4-6 minutes per side for medium-rare, 6-9 minutes for medium. Your model of air fryer may vary the cooking time.
Step 3: Mix the garlic butter
While the steak is air fryer mix the garlic butter ingredients together. Or you can do this ahead and allow the butter flavors to develop.
Step 4: Let the steak rest
Let the steak rest for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. This will help the meat stay moist. Serve with your choice of sides.
Don't have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Air Fryer Ribeye Steak.
- Oil- Use any type of oil that you like such as avocado or canola any high temperature will work.
- Butter - Out of unsalted butter? Use you can use salted butter instead if you already have salted on hand.
Want to personalize this Air Fryer Ribeye Steak recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes to your steak or butter for a spicy kick.
- Basil - Use basil and parsley in place of rosemary and thyme for a different flavor.
- Steak - Use your favorite cut of steak if you are not a fan of ribeyes.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy this air fryer porterhouse recipe.
You only need three basic kitchen tools to help you make this juicy and tender steak. I don't know about you but I'm always ready for a recipe without many tools needed.
- small mixing bowl
- air fryer
Do you have leftover steak? No worries you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat the steak, make sure the air fryer is preheated and reheat for 2 to 3 minutes so you don’t overcook the meat.
Want to make sure that your steak turns out well? Here are my best tips for ribeye in air fryer.
- The meat will continue to cook a bit while it is resting, so while the meat may seem a bit rare, it may finish cooking to your desired doneness as it rests.
- You can season with steak seasoning salt or Montreal Steak seasoning.
Do you have questions about Air Fryer Ribeye Steak? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about ribeyes in air fryer.
Reheat leftover steaks in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 4 to 6 minutes or until completely warm.
Yes! This homemade garlic butter freezes well!
Yes! You can air fry a frozen steak however you will need to add 4 to 6 minutes to the cooking time to make sure that your ribeye gets all the way done.
More Air Fry Recipes
Do you like air fryer recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try
Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- spoon and small mixing bowl
- 2 16 oz 1 inch thick ribeye steak
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Gather the ingredients needed for this recipe.
- Mix in garlic butter ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat the airfryer for 5 minutes at 400°.
- Season the steak and place in the hot air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer for 400° and cook for 2-4 minutes per side for rare, 4-6 minutes per side for medium rare, 6-9 minutes for medium.
- Remove steak from the air fryer.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add your favorite side dish
- Serve and enjoy.