Chocolate banana pancake pops use bananas and/or strawberries, on a stick or chocolate dipped, you’ll just love these deep fried pancakes.
Pancakes Made with Bananas
For a breakfast-inspired treat or a quick morning snack, it’s hard to beat the perfect combination found in the words chocolate banana pancake pops. With or without strawberries but strawberries can make this tasty treat even better.
If you’re a banana or banana chocolate or strawberry chocolate fan then you have to put this banana dipped in pancake batter recipe on your bucket list. I am not even kidding.
You’re looking at the perfect breakfast, brunch or yes, I am going to say it, dinner.
I mean who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner on occasion? Especially if the occasion involves eating one of these chocolate or strawberry banana flavored pancakes?
Just wait until you try them.
I’ve been a pancake lover all of my life and by far these fried bananas dipped in pancake batter are the best I’ve ever had. I have loved this deep fried pancakes recipe ever since the first time I tried it. It was definitely LOVE at first bite! 😉
I mean, you can dip whole bananas into this batter and just fry them. You can take individual banana slices and fry them up individually. You can dip just the strawberries in pancake batter too, creating strawberry banana pancakes, so to speak.
You can place slices on a stick and mix bananas and strawberries or not. Then we get into dipping them in chocolate before the batter.
These chocolate banana pancake pops are simply AMAZING, if I don’t say so myself.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes
I remember going out for dinner with my parents, getting all dressed up and always ordering banana chocolate chip pancakes. Every time we went out to this particular restaurant.
I just couldn’t get enough of them and they were delicious.
Thinking back, they were simply pancakes with a few banana slices in them and some chocolate chips sprinkled on top. This meant that by the time the banana chocolate chip pancakes arrived at my table the chocolate chips would be warm and melt.
Then I would soak them with maple syrup. I was in chocolate banana pancake heaven as far as I was concerned and loving every minute of it.
Oh just thinking back to those days puts a smile on my face. 😊 There were some good times way back when and it’s always nice when those memories come up.
For the longest time I made these Easy Homemade Banana Pancakes or Hotcakes every time the craving for chocolate chip banana pancakes hit me. I still do because they taste so good and I love chocolate banana everything.
Still, if given the opportunity to choose a favorite, as difficult as it is, these bananas dipped in pancake batter and fried will win every single time.
I can’t wait to hear about what you think of the best banana pancake recipe! I just know you’ll love this recipe as much as we do.
Pancake Batter for Deep Frying
Not only do you need to have the oil at just the right temperature, it’s important to have the perfect pancake mix recipe for making pancake batter for deep frying.
You have definitely found it.
This fried pancake batter is fool proof. These fried bananas dipped in pancake batter turn out beautifully, every time you make them and believe me, once you try them you’ll be making chocolate and banana pancakes regularly.
You won’t be able to help yourself and that’s okay. You’re not the only one who feels that way. Believe me.
Fried Pancake Batter
Making fried, homemade banana chocolate pancakes or strawberry banana pancakes will be your new favorite guilty pleasure. I’m telling you that you are going to LOVE having fun with the best banana pancake recipe.
You see, as I mentioned, you can make these pancakes made with whole bananas, banana chunks or strawberry chunks on a skewer or not, with or without chocolate.
Just think about all of the fun you can have with this fried pancake batter.
You can create chocolate and banana pancakes, strawberry banana pancakes and more. The options are endless.
There’s a lot to unpack with these incredible fritter pops. So, here is a breakdown of all the important things you need to know before we get started on this one of a kind meal.
The key ingredient that holds these banana pancake fritter pops together is the chocolate. It is absolutely essential to the finished product. There is more layering of flavor and texture because of what the melted chocolate brings.
If you have ever had a chocolate-dipped banana or strawberry before you know how much it opens up beautifully mingled sensations to your palate. It turns ordinary fruit into so much more than mere antioxidants and dietary fiber.
This is true no matter which kind of chocolate you prefer to use.
When you make these banana pancake fritter pops one of the first things you’ll notice is that I haven’t specified the type of chocolate. It doesn’t matter what type of chocolate you use, so it’s your personal choice what you want to get out of the dish.
Semisweet chocolate pairs really well with banana, but Dark chocolate gives the treat a very nice counterbalance of bitterness as well. It’s especially good with riper bananas which have more sweetness in them.
Strawberries pair nicely with milk or dark chocolate. You can also use white chocolate, which adds even more richness to an already decadent dish.
How to Melt the Chocolate
While you’re looking over the chocolate ingredient You may also notice that the list calls for the chocolate to be melted. You’ll melt the chocolate before you begin, which means that you will either have to work quickly or keep the chocolate melted.
I don’t recommend using the microwave to melt the chocolate. Instead, use a double boiler, or create a makeshift one using a saucepan and a glass mixing bowl. You want the bowl to rest on top of the pan and fit snuggly so no steam can escape.
Add about 1″ of water to the saucepan and bring it to a boil before topping the saucepan with the bowl. Chop the melting wafers into smaller pieces to make them melt easier.
The bananas you use in this recipe for banana pancake fritter pops should be plenty ripe, but not too ripe. It’s important that you can slice them into pretty thick pieces and be able to work with them.
For that, they will need to be firm. Also, if they are too slimy, they will not take the chocolate coating very well.
Underripe bananas may be too firm and taste bitter. However, that may play into your plans for the finished product.
As a general rule of thumb, picture the kind of bananas you would want in your banana pancakes. If you have ever had banana pancakes with chocolate chips you have a good idea where this recipe is going to take you.
The only difference is, these fritter pops are an amazing single serving option. Plus you get to eat them on a stick, which is way more convenient and more fun.
You can make these fritter pops with just bananas, but it’s even better when you mix things up. Bananas and strawberries are a naturally strong flavor combo and they both pair with chocolate really well. The chocolate really takes your strawberry banana pancakes up a notch.
Bananas are also easy to slice and skewer or not slice at all and skewer.
Blueberry pancakes may be one of the best kinds of pancakes ever invented, but they don’t translate well into pop form. However, there are other suitable options out there that you could consider.
Experiment with some fruits of your own and please let me know all about it! I can’t wait to hear what your favorite combinations are!
The best way to enjoy this is by alternating the banana and strawberry on the stick so you can keep the flavors fresh and exciting.
What really pushes this recipe beyond a basic chocolate covered banana or strawberry is the amazing way in which the pancake batter elevates the entire snack. It turns an already perfect treat into a new way to enjoy one of the best kinds of pancakes.
The pleasure of eating these chocolate banana pancake fritter pops is similar to the enjoyment of sinking your teeth into the breading of a delicious handmade corndog. dusted with powdered sugar, there is no better morning snack for pancake lovers.
The batter is on the thick side. That is so it adheres better to the chocolate covered bananas and strawberries. If you make the batter too runny it won’t hold.
As you fry the fritter pops, be sure to cook them evenly, turning the fritters quickly so the chocolate does not have a chance to melt before the batter cooks enough to seal it in.
What Makes a Fritter?
These could just be called pancake pops, but what makes them fritters? A fritter is fried dough or fruit encased in fried dough. Without the stick, that’s’ all these delicious treats are.
What sets fritters apart from other similar dough-based treats is the frying. Dumplings, for example, are very similar to fritters.
The key difference is that dumplings are typically steamed or even baked, rather than fried.
You need to know that we have tried repeatedly to bake these deep fried chocolate and banana pancakes baked inside the oven and were unable to make it work at all.
A deep fryer or deep frying is the only way to reach the lofty goal of making the perfect breakfast pop.
Chocolate Banana Pancake on a Stick
Because we like to put these chocolate banana pancake pops on a stick, you can eat them easily without getting greasy fingers. They are a lot of fun to make and they are easy to hold and to eat.
It’s also easier to manage them in the hot oil when they are on a stick as opposed to individual pieces of fruit floating around.
Exercise caution whenever you deep fry anything in oils. submerge the pops slowly to avoid splashback and stand clear of popping oil whenever possible. Use protective gloves and goggles if possible for safety.
Ingredients in Fried Banana Strawberry Chocolate Pancake Pops
- canola or peanut oil
- chocolate melting wafers, chopped and melted
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- granulated salt
- 2% milk
- vanilla extract
- cinnamon, if desired
- melted butter
- powdered or icing sugar
- granulated sugar
How to Make Fried Banana Strawberry Chocolate Pancake Pops
- Heat canola oil in a sauce pan to 375*. Adjust the amount of canola oil based on the size of the saucepan. You will want at least 3 inches of oil.
- Meanwhile, peel and cut bananas into ½” sections. Cut the stems off strawberries, then cut in half by width. Skewer the sliced bananas and strawberries onto a popsicle stick. Use 4 slices of fruit per stick. Alternate using just bananas, strawberries and bananas, and just strawberries.
- Melt chocolate and add to a mason jar. Dip the banana/strawberry skewers into the chocolate and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Then, place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients including, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir until blended.
- Next, combine the wet ingredients including milk, egg, vanilla, and butter. Whisk until the batter is smooth. Pour batter into a mason jar (or tall glass) *this batter will be slightly thicker but this is needed to stick to the chocolate bananas*
- Dip the chocolate covered bananas and/or fresh strawberries into the pancake batter and hold it above the jar to allow excess batter to drip off. Gently place into the hot oil and fry for 5-6 minutes, flipping if necessary. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Sprinkle each with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, peanut butter, chocolate or caramel to dip. Enjoy!
The chocolate will slowly start to melt into the pancake batter when it is dropped into the hot oil so be sure to turn to cook each side evenly as you cook so the batter hardens and locks in the chocolate before it has a chance to melt.
Best Banana Pancake Recipe
These pancakes made with bananas are surrounded by the most wonderful homemade pancake batter and then simply deep fried until golden brown.
This is where all of the options you have to consider start when making the best banana pancake recipe.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of these amazing chocolate banana pancakes. Just you wait and see.
- You have the choice to melt another flavor to dip your fruit into, think caramel or peanut butter instead of chocolate, before you dip into the batter that you’re surrounding the banana with.
- You can dip your banana in melted chocolate, whole or in bites, before dipping into batter.
- You can add chunks of bananas or strawberries on to a skewer and dip them as well. Heck you can just use strawberries too!
- You can dip them in maple syrup, whipping cream, chocolate or caramel sauce or whatever you prefer. You really can’t go wrong with any of them.
Things to deep fry with pancake batter
- Oreos or any cookie with filling in the middle
- mars bars or any chocolate bar
- peanut butter cups
Chocolate Banana Pancake Pops
- deep fryer or pan or pot for deep frying
- popsicle or wood sticks
- 3 cups canola or peanut oil
- 4 bananas
- 8 strawberries
- 10 oz chocolate melting wafers, chopped and melted
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons granulated salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, if desired
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- ¼ cup powdered or icing sugar
- Get out and measure all of your ingredients.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, pot or deep fryer to 375 degrees. Adjust the amount of oil based on the size of the saucepan you're using. You will need at least 3 inches of oil.
- Meanwhile, decide how you want to make your chocolate banana pancakes. Peel and cut bananas into ½ inch sections if desired. Bigger chunks, individual chunks or whole bananas work too. If using strawberries, cut the stems off and then cut in half by width.
- Skewer the bananas and strawberries onto a popsicle stick. Use 4 slices of fruit per stick. Alternate using just bananas, strawberries and bananas, and just strawberries. Whatever you want.
- Melt chocolate, if using, and add to a mason jar. Dip the banana/strawberry skewers into the chocolate and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Then, place into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cinnamon too, if desired. Mix to combine.
- Next, add the milk, egg, vanilla, and butter. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into a mason jar (or tall glass) *this batter will be slightly thicker but this is needed to stick to the chocolate bananas*
- Place pancake batter beside dipped banana skewers.
- Dip the chocolate covered bananas/strawberries into the pancake batter
- Hold banana stick above the jar to allow excess batter to drip off.
- The chocolate will slowly start to melt into the pancake batter when it is dropped into the hot oil so be sure to turn to cook each side evenly as you cook. This way the batter hardens and locks in the chocolate before it has a chance to melt.
- Gently place into the hot oil and fry for 5-6 minutes, flipping or rolling as necessary. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Sprinkle each with powdered sugar.
- Serve with maple syrup, whipped cream, caramel or chocolate to dip.
- Enjoy every bite.