Pancake Cereal is a fun visit on this breakfast staple. If you’ve been around Tiktok for a while you’ve mostly seen this viral recipe.
Well, I’m here to help you learn how to make this fun and viral dish! Why not take your breakfast up a notch with this social media famous dish.
Okay, can we have a chat for a second? Why was Pancake Cereal not a thing years ago? Why is TikTok now all of the sudden the best place to get recipes? If you haven’t heard of pancake cereal before, let me fill you in. Pancake cereal is the TikTok craze. They are tiny little pancakes that you eat…well..like cereal. You can add milk, or you can just pour on syrup-like usual with some butter and enjoy them that way. Regardless of how you eat them, you need to eat them! I mean look how ridiculously CUTE these are! For this recipe, we make the pancake batter from scratch (naturally), BUT if you really wanted to you can make the boxed pancake mix. Just make sure that the batter is thin enough.
This recipe only requires basic ingredients. And, you should already have most of these ingredients on hand. You might even get to avoid a trip to the grocery store.
- Baking powder
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Pancake Cereal
To make these cereal pancakes you only need to follow these three simple steps. Then you will have a delicious bowl of mini pancakes.
Step 1: Mix the dry ingredients
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
Step 2: Add in wet ingredients
Add the milk, egg, and butter and mix with an electric mixer or whisk until smooth.
Step 3: Make the pancakes
Pour the batter into a condiment bottle. Preheat a pan, electric skillet, or griddle to medium heat, about 300 degrees. Squeeze little circles of batter onto the greased pan, skillet, or griddle. Be sure to space them evenly apart. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles in the batter pop and do not fill in. Use a spatula to toss the pancakes and continue cooking until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
Don’t have the correct ingredients on hand? Or want to change something up? Here are some helpful tips for you to change this Pancake Cereal recipe.
- Pancake Mix – Use store bought pancake mix instead of homemade if you prefer. Just make your batter a little thin.
- Buttermilk – Love buttermilk pancakes? Use buttermilk in place of the milk in this recipe.
- Gluten-Free – Use your favorite gluten free pancake mix in place of the flour to make gluten-free pancakes.
Want to personalize this Pancake Cereal recipe? Here are some of my tried and true tips for changing up this recipe.
- Chocolate Chip – add mini chocolate chips to your pancakes when you are cooking them for chocolate chip pancakes.
- Cinnamon – Dust the top of your pancakes with a cinnamon sugar mixture for a sweet and cinnamon flavor.
- Peanut Butter – add two tablespoons of powdered peanut butter to your batter for peanut butter pancakes.
If you love recipes like this, you may also enjoy Air Fryer Fruity Pebbles French Toast recipe.
You only need five kitchen tools to help you make these mini cereal pancakes.
- mixing bowl
- hand mixer
- griddle or pan
- whisk or spoon
- squeeze bottle or condiment bottle
Store leftover in the fridge for up to five days. Make sure to keep your mini pancakes in an airtight container.
Do you want to make this recipe? Here are my best tips to make sure that your cereal pancakes turn out perfectly!
- Pancake cereal batter is slightly thinner than regular batter so it is easier to squeeze out of the bottle.
- If you do not have a condiment bottle, you can use a zip lock bag with the corner cut off or a pastry bag.
- You do not need to individually flip the pancakes, just toss them around over the skillet with the spatula once the bubbles no longer fill in with batter when popped.
- If you are planning to serve them with milk, it helps to cook them extra crispy.
- Garnish with butter, syrup, fresh fruit or powdered sugar for an extra special breakfast.
More Breakfast Recipes
Do you like breakfast recipes? Here are some recipes you may also like to try:
Do you have questions about Cereal Pancakes? Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about this recipe.
Ready to reheat your Pancake Cereal? Pop them into the microwave on a microwave-safe plate for 30 seconds to one minute or until they are warm.
Freeze mini pancakes by storing them in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to three months.
Yes! You can make this recipe ahead and reheat your pancakes when you are ready to serve them.
Pancake Cereal Recipe
Ready to get cooking? Remember that you can print this recipe if you would like.
- squeeze bottle
- griddle or skillet
- mixing bowl
- ½ cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Gather all the ingreidents you need to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Add the milk, egg and butter and mix with an electric mixer or whisk until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a condiment bottle.
- Preheat a pan, electric skillet or griddle to medium heat, about 300 degrees.
- Squeeze little circles of batter onto the greased pan, skillet or griddle. Be sure to space them evenly apart. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles in the batter pop and do not fill in.
- Use a spatula to toss the pancakes and continue cooking until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- Serve and Enjoy