The Best Grasshopper Brownies
The Best Grasshopper Brownies are decadent, fudgy, chocolate mint brownies with a minty cream cheese buttercream frosting! Just like a grasshopper cocktail!
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened or 2 sticks
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese or ½ a brick
- ½ cup butter or 1 stick
- 3 cups icing or powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 2 tablespoon heavy or whipping cream you can add 1-2 more if need ed
- sprinkles, sparkles, chocolate covered mints, chopped, shaved chocolate or chocolate chips
Prepare an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray and parchment paper and set aside. I usually trim the edge of the parchment paper with scissors to reduce the size of it.
Gather all of your ingredients together.
In a medium large mixing bowl, ideally using a handheld or stand mixer, beat together butter, sugar and peppermint extract until creamy.
Gradually add in in flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder until blended.
Blend with mixer until totally incorporated. Scrape down sides as necessary.
Pour your batter into it.
Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once fully cooked, cool completely.
To make frosting, beat all ingredient except heavy cream together until smooth, then beat in heavy cream.
Spread over brownies in a smooth layer, and allow to set.
Cut into equal squares and serve.
Decorate, if desired, with sprinkles, sparkles, chocolate covered mints, chopped or shaved chocolate or chocolate chips