Greek Rice Salad
This Greek Rice Salad is a delicious twist on the classic salad. A definite hit at our dinner table as a side, starter or main dish!
- 1 ½ cups long grain rice brown rice, basmati rice, black rice, quinoa, couscous and a wild rice blend are also an option if desired
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled, divided
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 english cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, and chopped
- 1 ¼ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup olives, pitted, chopped or sliced
- 1 small purple onion, sliced or chopped
- 1 ¼ cups sweet pepper, any color, chopped
Prepare your rice, or whatever you are using, according to package directions.
If using long grain rice, boil for around 13 or 14 minutes. Drain rice if necessary and spread rice all over rimmed baking sheet to cool completely, between 20 and 30 minutes.
Make Your Dressing
Using a hand blender or food processor, combine, ½ cup feta, oil, vinegar, honey, and oregano until smooth. Set aside until rice is ready and cool. You don't want to leave your fresh vegetables soaking for longer than an hour without the rice.
Transfer to a large bowl and add cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, peppers, red onions.