The Ultimate Guacamole
Our recipe for The Ultimate Guacamole is a big hit around here. We serve it regularly as a snack or appetizer. Avocado, tomato, lime, cilantro and more!
- 2 large avocados, ripe or equivalent
- ½ cup red, yellow or green onions, small, thinly sliced
- ½ cup tomato, seeded, pulp removed, and finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, leaves and tender stems, finely chopped, divided more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons limes juice or juice from one lime
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- tortilla or pita chips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 1 - 2 serrano chili, stems and seeds removed, minced - (optional)
- dashes hot sauce
- dashes sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup salsa, drained
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup feta or goat cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream or greek yogurt
Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado flesh from the peel with a spoon, and put into a mixing bowl. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado.
Add salt, pepper and lime juice, chopped onion, tomato, cilantro, garlic and jalapeno or serrano chilies.
Combine and ideally, serve immediately with tortilla chips. If you are making this ahead of time place plastic wrap on the surface of the guacamole to cover it and prevent air from reaching it. This will prevent the guacamole from turning brown. Refrigerate until ready to serve Enjoy!