Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Pork Chops or Chicken
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Pork Chops or Chicken is hearty and delicious! Chunks of tender pork or chicken steeped in a creamy sauce made with soup, cream cheese and Italian salad dressing, this is comfort on a plate. Serve with rice, pasta, potatoes or in a sandwich, this dish keeps on giving!
- 4 - 6 pork chops, centre cut, 1 inch thick
- 4 - 6 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 cans (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tblsp pepper or to taste
- cooking spray
Turn slow cooker on to high and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Pour soups and cream cheese into slow cooker.
While the slow cooker heats up slice your mushrooms and onions.
Using a whisk combine the soups and cream cheese.
Once incorporated add mushrooms and onions.
Stir until coated.
Lay the pork chops or chicken breasts on top.
Season the tops of the pork chops or chicken breasts with pepper and the Italian seasoning.
Spoon enough of the soup mixture over the meat to cover.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
When done, remove meat, shred if desired and stir the gravy around to mix it well for serving.