Taco Zucchini Beef and Pork Skillet
Taco Zucchini Beef and Pork Skillet is fast, easy and fabulous! A great way to use up vegetables. Comforting and hearty and served with a side of rice or in a burrito, this Taco dish never looked so good!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 medium zucchini sliced and quartered
- 1 large pepper any color, chopped
- 1 medium onions chopped
- 1 package Taco seasoning or 3 tablespoons of homemade
- 1 can or jar (28 oz) diced tomatoes or salsa
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes - more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
Brown ground beef with onions, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until meat is browned.
Add tomatoes and remaining spices.
Cover and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes.
Add the zucchini and sweet peppers.
Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but still firm.
Serve with rice or in a burrito. Enjoy!