Sweet Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs are so easy, Made with barbecue sauce and a few other ingredients! We have made this recipe a lot and you will too.
This Sweet Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs recipe is a definite keeper! I love this kind of dump and go recipe!
Open your slow cooker, place the chicken thighs in, and dump this yummy mixture over top! Come back in a few hours and dinner is almost ready!
You can serve this fabulous chicken recipe with literally anything you desire!
This recipe is too easy to taste as good as it does.
This recipe started with 1 ingredient, barbecue sauce. When I have time I make my own barbecue sauce but more often than not I don't so I always keep my favorite, Diana's, around. I am NOT getting paid to say that.
I love garlic so I usually have to add that and I add honey when I am in the mood for some sweeter chicken.
If Ken is making it he will always add hot sauce, just a few dashes.
The mustard and Worcestershire were added to change the flavor just a little.
We have made this recipe a lot. You will too.
Ingredients in the Best Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- chicken thighs
- barbecue sauce
- liquid honey
- yellow or Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce
How to make Sweet Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Sprinkle thighs with salt and pepper.
Broil thighs until each side is lightly browned.
Put thighs in bottom of slow cooker.
Mix ingredients and pour over chicken and stir until pieces are coated.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
We also like to broil the thighs in the oven until the outside crisps right before serving.
Take a peek at our video below of these simple chicken thighs being made! You have to give it a try!
Sweet Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs Video
Sweet Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- 8-10 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 ½ cups barbecue sauce your favorite variety
- ½ cup liquid honey
- 1 tblsp dijon or yellow mustard
- 2 tblsp garlic, minced
- 1 tblsp Worcestershire sauce
- hotsauce - 3 to 5 dashes optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle thighs with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set your oven to broil.
- Place each chicken thigh, evenly spaced, on your prepared baking sheet.
- Broil thighs until each side is lightly browned, a few minutes per side.
- Prepare your slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place thighs across the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix ingredients and p
- Pour over top of chicken and stir until all pieces are covered.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- We also like to broil the thighs in the oven until the outside crisps right before serving. Might be worth a try! Regardless, these thighs are delicious!
I'm loving the different types of recipes for my Crock-Pot, and I am trying to be open to new ways of preparing healthier foods for my family. It will benefit myself as well. This recipe is delicious. I will be making it again! Thank you.
Karin and Ken
I absolutely love my slow cooker and the healthier the better! I still make each and every one of these recipes. We enjoy them all and I can’t wait to hear what you think of the recipes you try! Glad to have you with us on our food journey! Take care. Karin