Right now we are drowning in zucchinis and gave this idea a try. To our surprise we could not believe how delicious the final result was! Served hot or cold this Fabulous Zucchini Flatbread is so simple to make. A perfect idea for brunch, lunch or dinner!
Fabulous Zucchini Flatbread
- 1 medium zucchini cut into thin strips, ideally with a mandolin
- 4 sundried tomatoes sliced
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup feta cheese more or less to taste
- ¼ cup pesto more or less to taste
- salt - as desired
- pepper - as desired
- Slice your zucchini into thin, spaghetti like strips. We use our mandolin to do this easily. Heat a pot of water to boiling. Sprinkle zucchini with salt and place in your strainer for at least 15 minutes, if not 30. Add zucchini strips to boiling water for one minute. Dump back into strainer and rinse with cold water. In a skillet, over medium heat, pour oil. Wait until oil shimmers or until a drop of water flicked in it dances. Using paper towel dry zucchini off as best you can while removing it from strainer. Add zucchini and garlic to skillet and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir often. Drain if necessary, and set aside into a medium sized bowl. Add pesto and parmesan cheese to the zucchini mixture. Stir gently until combined. Taste mixture and decide if you want to add more pesto or parmesan cheese or garlic. Place flatbread on a serving platter. Spread prepared zucchini mixture on top of flatbread. Top with feta cheese and sliced sun dried tomatoes. Feel free to heat your zucchini flatbread in your oven for between 7 and 10 minutes on 350 degrees. We can not decide whether hot or cold is better. Both are delicious. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!