I hate how much I love potatoes. Whether you use bacon or not these Crunchy Cheesy Potatoes are delicious!
Crunchy Cheesy Potatoes
- 2 - 4 potatoes, large, sliced to 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup cheese, shredded or more to taste
- 1 cup sour cream or sour cream based flavored dip - plus more for serving
- bacon, chopped, almost crisp if desired
- 1/4 cup milk -
- 1 cup cornflakes or and/or French's fried onions, crushed
- 1 tblsp dried onion flakes - to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt -
- 1/2 tsp pepper -
- cooking spray
Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, combine sour cream or sour cream based dip, milk, onion flakes, salt and pepper. In batches, add potatoes and stir to coat thoroughly. Place coated slices on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle a layer of crushed cornflakes and/or French's fried onions on top of potato slices. Add bacon pieces if using. Lastly, pile some cheese up high in the middle of the potato because while baking the cheese will spread. Bake at 350 degrees for between 35 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Some potatoes cook faster than others and potato thickness varies. Test with a small fork or toothpick. Serve immediately with sour cream.