Cider Chicken is so simple to create and has the nicest flavor! Served with rice or mashed potatoes this is a perfect weeknight meal with the best gravy. We love this chicken recipe around here!
We are all about gravies in this house! I can't seem to get enough of them! This recipe for Cider Chicken is a definite keeper!
We hope you give this recipe a try!
Cider Chicken is so simple to create and has the nicest flavor! Served with rice or mashed potatoes this is a perfect weeknight meal with the best gravy.
- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless whole or each cut into 4 strips for shorter cooking time
- 2 cups apple cider we found using apple juice made this dish too sweet for us
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce -
- 1 medium leek sliced
- ¼ cup olive or another vegetable oil
- ¼ cup heavy cream (35%) optional
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour -
- 2 bay leaves
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- olive oil or another vegetable oil -
- In a large skillet, over medium to medium high heat, pour oil.
- On a dinner plate place your flour. Set aside.
- Once the oil shimmers or a drop of water flicked in it dances coat chicken in flour and sear or brown each chicken breast, a few minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a medium to large sized pot.
- Add 1 cup of cider to the skillet and simmer for a few minutes to deglaze the pan. Sscrape everything out of the skillet and dump it in to your pot with the chicken. Add the remaining cider, leek, tomato sauce and bay leaves. Simmer on low heat, half-covered, for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream , if you are using. The sauce will thicken as it reduces. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Calories: 525kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 50gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 9gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 277mgPotassium: 1019mgFiber: 1gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 663IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply